OT: Cheney was Right and a Quagmire!

Page 1 of 2
I never saw this video until today (so I assume many others haven't either) and wanted to share it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YENbElb5-xY

And you know, I am sitting here thinking, who hasn't seen that? It has been flogged around the net for the last 2-3 years.
Robert

If there's one thing we learned during the Bush years it's the percentage of dumbasses we have in this country. I think you'll find that number corresponds with Bush's approval rating. Okay, sure, I'll give you a free pass in 2000. Maybe you believed his campaign rhetoric. But if you're still backing this administration then that's nothing short of a character flaw. I don't think the middle class can afford another four years of crony capitalism. It is indeed time for a change.
I pinned some tenons yesterday before the Super Bowl. I'm working on an easy chair in the Danish Modern style. The Danes would never pin their tenons, but I'm an American, dammit. And when the president looks in the camera and lies to me, I don't "ditto" him. I call "bullshit!" This administration is full of it.

And has been from before Bush got elected.

Can you name on president of the USA, or any politician for that matter that hasn't lied?
"I did not have sex with that woman"
"Read my lips"
"I am not a crook"
"I had no direct knowledge of our aggressions against Cuber"
"I didn't fire Marsten (the AG) based on political reasons"
"I have no recollection of that, Senator."
Read this whole, short article:
http://writ.news.findlaw.com/dean/20031024.html
A politician that doesn't lie....
Yeah, right. I want to live in your world.
Robert

I got one. William Henry Harrison never lied while president. Need another?

I get that. I wonder how many others do.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

;^)

Wow.... you have irrefutable proof that WHH never lied? Ever?
It seems to be a well held fact that he lied about having "simple roots" in his campaign. When his lies were uncovered, that led the opposition party to derisively cite his history as "the log cabin and hard cider campaign".
I am well aware that he expired before he had any other chances to foister his own brand of dishonesty on the people of his times.

Fire away. But... this is like shooting fish in a barrel.
I >>personally<< can't believe in this day and age that anyone believes anything that comes from the mouth of a politician unless it is said to serve their personal interests, or the interests of their monied backers.
Maybe it's just me. Some folks just seem to fall in love with their candidates from time to time.
Robert

No. He never lied while being president. Wasn't I clear the first time?

It is good that you believe all you read. I think lying is part of politics and even though in office only a short time he almost assuredly lied. He is a politician.
I thought in context my query was clear, backed up by a a second question, hence the punctuation. With a (hopefully, anyway) clearer question in mind, I am hoping you will substantiate your original statement to prove me wrong. My apologies for being obtuse.
I reread another part of my post, and realized that it may have been confusing as well. You said:

I said:

I did not mean for you to start a fire. I don't actually shoot marine animals in confinement. I was hoping when I posted "fire away" you would be familiar with the vernacular and "post away" with the names of these gentlemen of great integrity.
So to clarify, who are the other presidents you know of whose integrity is absolutely without question?
Robert

And YOU know, I am sitting here thinking, you really need a beer!

Well, that certainly gets a hearty agreement from me. If you were here, I would get you one as well.
Maybe I am getting too jaded about all the politics and politicians these days, but after so many years of voting for the least offensive candidate, not one I believe in, I'm just cynical as hell about the whole group.
Going for that beer, now.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Robert

I absolutely hated our last elections as well. I remember thinking: " Do I want to smack my head against a brick wall, or a tree trunk?" The 'lesser-of-two-evils' selection didn't work because the two choices sucked canal water.

Beer is one of the very few solutions when you find your quag is mired. Here's to unmiring every one's quags!

Gladys Noon Spellman never told a lie during her last term in the House of Representatives.
--
FF

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

... and probably did the least amount of damage to the country than she did in any other part of her tenure.
Now, how do we get the rest of the House filled with the same kind of public-minded politicians? Without declaring the seats vacant?

It seems to me that you are saying that the only way to stop a politician from lying is to kill them. That seems a little drastic, what about we just remove their tongues ;) Dain
On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 11:17:55 GMT, "Poppa Bear"

Nah, I think they're saying that the only politician who isn't lying is dead. I don't think they're advocating acceleratiing the process.

And fingers. Apparently there were some campaign emails full of lies (is that overstating it?) that went out in a flurry before Super Tuesday.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Well that world is apparently one you've invented for me....
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

George W. Bush: Mastering the Politics of Deception" by David Corn. I thought about buying the book but realized that my anger at the administration for their blatant prevarications would not be soothed. It astounds me that we elected this administration not once but twice. I will leave my rant right here before the administration apologists get too high on their hind legs.     urff,     jo4hn