OT Changing the subject

CW,

Do you know if there is a way to open .SKD files in AutoCAD? .SKD is the format that AutoSketch saves or saved drawings. IIRC at one time I could open these file in older versions of AutoCAD LT. Maybe that was a dream.

Reply to
Leon

May be the older versions but nothing newer will. AutoCAD 2002 (full version) won't do it. I checked my other programs. Nothing. I'll check around though. If I find a way, I'll let you know.

Reply to
CW

seems I remember something about autodesk changing vendors on autosketch a few years back and dumping a file format. could be what you're up against.

pretty fuzzy memory, though.

Reply to
Bridger

Do you have a way to save the .SKD file in another format, possibly .DXF, .WMF or another vector format?

Stephen R.

Reply to
S R

Thank you CW, I would appreciate it. Even a way to just view and print the file world suite me.

Reply to
Leon

Perhaps so... I honestly do not recall how I used to open the old files but I kept them because I was able to do so at one time. Perhaps I was opening them in Auto Sketch and saving them in a format the LT 97or 98 still recognized.

Reply to
Leon

I have autosketch 1.0. It will export to a .DXF format. Autocad 2004 will open a .DXF file. Hope that helps

Reply to
Tom