OT Canadian governement should take away pocket knives!

On NBC news this morning a video of a gorilla pulling a knife on another gorilla at the Calgary Zoo!
It's a shame the other gorilla did not have a gun to protect himself! Fortunately neither was injured. ROTFL
Add pictures here
✖

You'd be the same way if YOU lived in Calgary. If I lived in Calgary, I would beg somebody to slit my throat.
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:54:03 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Give us your address. I'll come over and slit your throat just in case you get within 500 k of Calgary.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 18, 3:41 pm, snipped-for-privacy@mts.net wrote:

That makes no sense whatsoever.
Add pictures here
✖

That's funny. Got the link?
Add pictures here
✖
Upscale wrote:

Saw it on Global News last night at 6
:http://www.canada.com/National+regulator+investigate+knife+wielding+gorilla+incident+Calgary/1706801/story.html
--
Froz...

Add pictures here
✖
FrozenNorth wrote:

:http://www.canada.com/National+regulator+investigate+knife+wielding+gorilla+incident+Calgary/1706801/story.html

Picture here:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2009/06/17/gorilla-knife.html
--
Froz...

Add pictures here
✖
FrozenNorth wrote:
http://www.canada.com/National+regulator+investigate+knife+wielding+gorilla+incident+Calgary/1706801/story.html
This cracks me up:
[quote]Joe Scheffler, whose wife took the photo, was still upset by the incident Wednesday, and called on the zoo to change its policies governing bringing sharp objects into animal enclosures.
``How is it possible a zookeeper can be in an area with animals and have a knife? It is so dangerous,'' he said. ``Things can happen so fast. The zoo needs to change their policies, and look again at what a keeper can bring in and what they cannot.''[unquote]
I hope this guy doesn't have too many bad dreams about this horrific incident, he might need years of counseling to get over it.
Add pictures here
✖
DGDevin wrote:

http://www.canada.com/National+regulator+investigate+knife+wielding+gorilla+incident+Calgary/1706801/story.html
Suggestion: A handgun is not a "sharp object."
Add pictures here
✖
DGDevin wrote:

http://www.canada.com/National+regulator+investigate+knife+wielding+gorilla+incident+Calgary/1706801/story.html
... and the wussification of western culture continues. Not only is the guy's statement almost uproariously funny, it makes no sense. "How is it possible a zookeeper can be in an area with animals and have a knife ... things can happen so fast" I can't even get what this guy is thinking. That the animals will grab the knife and stab the zookeeper? That the zookeeper will go nuts and slash the animals?
In saner days, people getting into cages with wild animals wore sidearms. Would be fun to point that out to this guy and watch his head explode.

✖
Mark & Juanita wrote:

I'd bet folding money the keeper was working in the enclosure when the apes were not there, using the knife to do some sort of maintenance and accidentally left it behind. A tools-in/tools-out checklist could have prevented this incident. The idea that keepers should be restricted as to what kind of tools they can take into animal enclosures is ridiculous, but then so is the idea that they need to routinely carry guns to do their job.
Add pictures here
✖
wrote in message

I am sure it will show on YouTube but I saw it on The Today Show this morning.
Add pictures here
✖