OT: Cadence Calls

My son's scout troop does not win their fair share of marching awards at camp. The scoutmaster called a practice last Friday and I watched some of it. My analysis is that they do not do cadence calls and, more specifically, do not do any Jody cadence calls.
My plea to the group is for the best cadence calls that they can remember and, more specifically, the best Jody cadence calls that they can remember.
Keep in mind that this is a family friendly environment but, if you have a really good one, let her fly.
Regards,
Get the "Battle of the Bulge" The Sargent sings Jody etc and there is some cut up as well along the same line. He sings for the last time at the end of the movie - iirc - as they march out of the war zone and see fresh troops coming up. The best part is in training..
Martin
Tom Watson wrote:

Tom Watson wrote:

Hmm. Those memories are pretty faded...
GI beans and GI gravy Gee I wish I'd joined the Navy (Sound off) 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 3 4
Stand up hook up shuffle to the door Jump right out and count some more 1 - 2 -3 - 4 - 1 - 2 3 4
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

I don't know but I've been told Eskimo pussy mighty cold
B.
Tom Watson wrote:

including http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_cadence
    sound orff,     j4

What may be the problem is the actual count is rendered in something recognizable as English or, any known human language. As I recall it, the words were something like 'OWP!' 'OEP!' 'ERP!' and 'URP!'. While the mind was engaged in trying to decipher this, the feet were doing their job. Barking like a seal or sea lion is a reasonable approximation of the proper sounds.
It also helps to scream that someone is out of step and rush into the formation and drag out the offender. It concentrates the feet of the remainder of the troop.

I don't have any authentic cadence calls, Jody or otherwise, but it seems to me that the thing to do would be to find a scout who can rap, give him the basic Duckworth chant and let him go. The chant that rises from the ranks seems to me to be the one that will work best, since that is the one that will make the proper references and have all the in jokes, make proper fun of the scoutmaster, refer to the pleasures and trials of camp and so on. Further, the troop will 'own' that chant. Just an idea.

UH1H touching skids napalm sticks to little kids
I wish all the ladies were pies on a shelf and I was the baker, I'd eat 'em all myself
I wish all the ladies were holes in a row and I was a dumptruck, I'd fill 'em with a load
Jody's in yer home He's on yer telephone He's livin' the life of ease Eatin' all yer peas He's even in your bed gettin' all yer head
Momma told Sally not to go downtown but she got the ass and she went on down 3 months later all was well 6 months later she began to swell 9 months later out it came a tattooed paratrooper swingin' a chain
Stand up hook up shuffle to the door Jump on out and count to four If my main don't open wide I'll be a spot on the countryside Tell my girl I did my best Bury me in the "leaning rest"
C-130 rolling down the strip Airborne daddy on another trip Mission Top Secret, destination unknown Don't even know if we're coming home If I die I did my best Pin them wings upon my chest
[ member 82nd Airborne, invasion of Panama and the 1st Desert Storm... God Bless our Soldiers, may they all come home mentally and physically healthy ]
xparatrooper wrote:

Amen!
[ Ya did good. I'm proud of you. Thanks! ]
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Paratroopers: Good to the last drop...

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

ROF,L.
It's not a funny or dirty cadence, but for some reason my favorite remains to this day Oreo cadence. O-REE-O, OHHHH, YUM. Once heard the entire plebe class at the Boat School marching to that one. It was impressive.

xparatrooper wrote:

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Meaning no disprespect.......
And then there were those of us who served in the Canadian (and I suspect other) forces who learned to march without the silliness of cadence calls.

From Chanute Air Force Base, Rantoul, Illinois, 1964:
Here we are in Illinois (pronounced Illi-noise) Separating men from boys The men all go to weather school The boys all stay in old Rantoul
Sound off...

Thanks for all the help.
Here is what I came up with. Keep in mind that this is for a Boy Scout Troop.
The "big white 1" refers to their designation as the Paoli 1 scout troop.
On my shoulder's a big white 1 I think marching is too much fun
March all day in the burning sun I think marching is too much fun
March all night 'till my feet get sore Wake up in the morning and march some more
On my shoulder's a big white 1 I think marching is too much fun
Sound off One, two Sound off Three, four Cadence call One, two, three, four One, two Three, four
I don't know but I been told A marching man will not get old
I will march 'till the day I die Then march right up into the sky