OT: But Marge, I saw it on the internet

so it has to be true!
Homer J. Simpson
**********
A little fun for those that still believe what they read on the internet.
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/105443
Robert

Just further proof of what I keep telling my youngest daughter ... that she needs to keep firmly in mind, in her daily dealings, that, by definition, five out of every ten people she sees randomly on a dialy basis are _below_ the upper half of the "bell-curve" distribution (Gaussian normal distribution) of human intelligence.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08

Depends, Swing. There are days around here when it seems like that figure is closer to 8.9 out of 10.
Depends, Swing. There are days around here when it seems like that figure is closer to 8.9 out of 10.
Or, those days might those times when even the most brilliant people just aren't thinking straight. Reminds me of one escapade when DOS was in vogue. I proudly came home with my first CD drive, hooked it up and cleverly created a batch file called CD.bat to make it run. During the next three days I ripped out my remaining hair until I finally figured out why my batch file wouldn't run the CD.

The problem lies with those who want to believe the things they have searched for. The questions they enter into their search engines skew the results. Enter: 'Bush's corporate executive failures' will get you more hits than 'Bush's corporate executive successes.' One must be as neutral as possible when posing the questions. Still, one might find that somebody who wrote in a positive way about Bush's corporate successes.
Jesus was a community organizer, Pontius Pilate was a governor.
"Robatoy" wrote

Yabbut, throughout history, there have arguably been equal amounts, if not more, human misery perpetuated in the name of "community organizers".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08

suprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our three weapons are fear, and surprise, and the ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Amongst our weapons...are fear, surprise,... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear... I'll come in again.
=o)

If by "community organizers" you mean "organized religion" then I agree completely.
Dave in Houston
"Dave in Houston" wrote

Ya got it, Bubba! ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08

The only things wrong with organized religions are the organizers.
something i tossed up on my original en.com nearly ten years ago: http://home.roadrunner.com/~kimnach/computer_classroom.htm
greg
snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com wrote:

The two scenarios are really just newgraditis--they were present long before computers were commonplace consumer items.
I remember the new electrical engineering grad back around 1975 who when asked on a job interview to design a power supply for a piece of consumer audio equipment put in a ten farad filter capacitor--now, ten farad capacitors today are small and inexpensive, but at the time a ten farad capacitor was something that you carried with a fork lift. He wondered why the interviewer fell down on the floor laughing. The sad thing about it is that I was not even an electrical engineer and I could explain the problem to him.
Then there was the new aero engineering grad around the same time who went on at length about how if an airliner that lost one wing wing and all its flight controls had been "properly designed" then it would not have crashed. Turns out his idea of "properly designed" required among other things that that it be an unbraced biplane.
Personally I learned more in a month on the job as an engineer than I had learned in four years at Georgia Tech.
--John
On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 11:53:29 -0400, "J. Clarke"

I don't argue with your point, but I would argue that you would not have been able to learn on the job had you not first learned in the classroom. The challenge for the newly educated is to figure out how to translate theoretical knowledge into practical application.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Warning: Spelling errors in this message are the product of a poor school system. Pay teachures more than athletes.
Tim Douglass wrote:

I would. Most of what I did was beating experts' heads together until they agreed on a solution. The experts had to know all that stuff.
--John
On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 11:53:29 -0400, "J. Clarke"

Hear, hear!! My BAE from Auburn prepared me more for graduate school than for the drawing table.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA
says...

I ws perfectly prepared for my first job by my four years at UIUC. It was a very practical curriculum and that fact wasn't lost on my employer (at one time there were six UIUC grads in my department). Of course, working as a technician in the EE department for four years in college didn't hurt.
--
Keith