OT..But I'll bet some one here has my answers

My question concerns the solid surface kitchen countertop my home builder had installed in my six-year-old home.
I do not know what brand of material his sub-contractor used.
I have a spreading crack about three inches long starting from my sink area.
Obviously I do not want to replace the entire surface, however I do want to repair, or at least stop the crack from spreading any further.
I am unable to contact the afore mentioned contractor as he has since passed away. It would also appear that he took all his sub-contractors with him, as his former company does not seem to have any information on who did his counter top work.
Any information on how to repair this material would be greatly appreciated.

I could probably offer some suggestions, but I need to know which material it is. Polyester based tops are very different than acrylic based materials. Is there a way for you to take a picture of your problem? If you can, send it to my 'info' button on my website: www.topworks.ca
I'll see what I can do.
Thanks for your offer to help. I'll try to get you a picture.

Finding the keyboard operational ron entered:

You could probably gt a local countertop contractor to give you a quote to fix it. Of course he is going to want to repace it. You may be able find out what the material is by looking underneath. Pull some drawers look around
Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times