OT: Burgers!

Page 1 of 4
http://blogs.trb.com/cheeseburgershow/episode6.html
I just watched this blog about cheeseburgers and suddenly had an epiphany. How do you guys like/make your burgers?
I like blue cheese in/on mine.

I like 'em with bacon and cheese and bloody. Call me a purist.

Hardly.
A good burger will stand on it's own. No cheese and no bacon. At one time, I had a t-shirt made up that read:
No Fscking Cheese!
....which I would wear when out cruising for burgers. This in response to every single wait droid on the planet asking, without fail, "Do you want cheese with that?". I've since caved and now thoroughly enjoy cheeseburgers, but at one time all I wanted was burger, tomato, lettuce, onion and condis. That's how you find a good burger.
nb
snipped-for-privacy@bb.nothome.com wrote:

Cheeseburger, have a side salad. ;-)
--
Froz...

I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and french fried potatos. Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer, well Good God Almighty which way do I steer?
--
Kiva - Loans that change lives.
http://www.kiva.org/lender/david87375440
On Jun 17, 6:28pm, snipped-for-privacy@bb.nothome.com wrote:

Oh, no - I am a purist. Go ahead, call me one.

Tomato? Lettuce? You one of them veganatarianans?
Onions make me poot like there's no tomorrow, so they're a deal breaker on a burger - at least for the people around me. ;)
"RicodJour" wrote:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Onions make me poot like there's no tomorrow, so they're a deal breaker on a burger - at least for the people around me. ;) \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Even Maui or Vidalia?
Lew
Yellow Onions and Garlic have sulfur.
Eat Red onions.
Martin
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Not Vidalia's, no. Don't know that I've ever had a Maui onion. Google here I come!
"RicodJour" wrote:
===================================Not Vidalia's, no. Don't know that I've ever had a Maui onion. Google here I come! ================================ Sweeter than Vidalia, but also limited availability.
Check with the produce mgr of your local market for price and availability.
Lew
RicodJour wrote:

They are the same as Vidalia, just grown on Maui. Both are just plain old yellow onions but milder due to the soil where thay are grown.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Poot? . . . . . . . POOT?? Really?

Yes, quite. Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the term - it is slang for flatulence. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatulence
Only two things give me gas - air and water. If I stay away from those, I'm fine.

If only you could harness it to power your horseless carriage...
Puckdropper
"Robatoy" wrote:

Not much of a burger guy.
About as creative as I get is an envelope of Lipton Onion Soup Mix per pound of 22% ground chuck.
Tried lower fat content, but yields too dry burger for my taste, when done on the grill.
Lew
"Robatoy" wrote:

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ I responded:

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
What I should have added:
Rather than a burger, much prefer Steak Tartare.
Haven't had one since the early '80s.
Not sure I trust the meat supply enough to have one today.
Back then, Mushy Wexler ran the Theatrical Grill, a watering hole on Short Vincent St (Short Vincent was 1 block long), had Steak Tartare on the regular menu.
The Theatrical was a place where on a week night, you could stop in to have a drink and find Cozy Cole on stage, or JJ on the slide trombone or maybe Joe Williams on the mike.
It was a COOL place.
But ah yes, time moves on.
Lew

NOW you're talking. Egg, salt, pepper, caper and caper brine... yessir, slappit on a slice of toast.

All this talk about burgers reminds me of when I was sixteen. There was a walkthrough store with a donut shop one side, a pizza place on the other and a five foot wide burger take out window smack dab in the middle. They had the best burgers I've ever eaten @ .50 each. Every night when heading home from the pool hall, I'd stop in and buy six burgers. Three I'd eat on the way home and the other three after I got there.
The place closed down a few years later when the mall got retrofitted. It's now almost forty years later and I've never found another burger that has even come close to tasting as good. It might well be that my palate has changed so much that they wouldn't taste the same even if I did, but I can still distinctly remember how great those burgers tasted.
Sometimes I like to fantasize how great it would be to have those sixteen year old taste buds again, (and a few other sixteen year old characteristics) but one look at my burgeoning stomach quickly brings me back to earth. (chagrin)
"Upscale" wrote:

<snip>
Somebody conducted a survey of who had the best burger recently.
Several divisions were specified based on size of chain.
"Wendy's" won for best burger in the large chain division; however, when it came to absolute best burger, a little place here in California, "In-N-Out Burger" won hands down.
If you want one of their burgers, be patient.
They don't start to cook your burger till you order it.
Sometimes it is a long wait, but the place is almost always full, so people are willing to wait to get the food.
They also have a bumper sticker that the kids shorten, as you might expect, before attaching to bumper.
Lew

"Little"? I saw plenty of In-N-Out Burger places when I was in CA recently. We have a couple of good burger places here. "Roscoe's", a real cholesterol factory and "Great American Steakburger." For a chain, "Fuddrucker's" ain't bad. Better than "Wendy's"
Max (Great American fan in El Paso)