OT: Buffalo Springfield to play a weekend

Too cool. At least Stills, Furay, and Young.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/17386/202900
-Zz
From Wikipedia:
However, in September 2010, it was announced surviving Buffalo Springfield members Neil Young, Stephen Stills, and Richie Furay would reunite to perform at the annual Bridge School Benefit concerts on October 23rd and 24th, 2010 in Mountain View, California. In an interview with Rolling Stone, Furay says that Neil Youngs longtime bassist Rick Rosas will sit in for the late Bruce Palmer, while Crosby, Stills and Nash d rummer Joe Vitale will substitute for the late Dewey Martin.
Were going to play for 35-40 minutes, Furay says. The setlist will probably be composed of the three albums, though probably more of the first album with a few of the second album and maybe On The Way Home from the last one. I really have no idea, though. Im just going to show up and have a good time. He says it will be bittersweet, however, to be up there without Martin and Palmer. Those guys made the sound, Furay says. For as many people as were in and out of the Springfield, it was the five of us that really created a sound that people really remember the most."
--
The Bridge Concert is usually sold out in hours. Neil brings
the acts in for the cause.

Other likely performers: Pearl Jam, Elvis Costello, Merle Haggard with Kris Kristofferson, Modest Mouse, Grizzly Bear, Billy Idol, Lucinda Williams, Jackson Browne and T-Bone Burnetts Speaking Clock Revue, which features Elton John and Leon Russell, Elvis Costello, Ralph Stanley, Neko Case and Jeff Bridges.
Wowsers

Egad! I listened to them as a teen, and the riff on Rock and Roll Woman (_Again_ album) is one of the few things I can strum on a gitfiddle.
But I haven't -wanted- to listen to them for 30 or more years. <shrug> You couldn't _pay_ me to go to any concert today. (Well, not for under $100 grand.)
-- Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
How about trying to make some On-Topic posts and take this crap to another group where it belongs.

They used an excellent woodgrained guitar on stage.