OT: Breathtakingly beautiful.

I HAD to share this with you car aficionados. In my opinion the most incredible design ever...E V A R!!

DAMN that's pretty...

Robatoy

Maserati, as soupcon of cat... but, but it's a HYBRID!!

Reply to
Robatoy

What' the hell's a "Spyker"?!? The C8 is, ummmm, butt fugly.

Oops, the $103k price I quoted was from an 011 XK.

Me want!

-- The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles. -- Ayn Rand

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I HAD to share this with you car aficionados. In my opinion the most incredible design ever...E V A R!!

DAMN that's pretty...

Tom

Reply to
Tom Dacon

Etc,

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I HAD to share this with you car aficionados. In my opinion the most incredible design ever...E V A R!!

DAMN that's pretty...

that a Burick? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Look at the flowwwww on this black steed:

Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. -- misattributed to Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks for those pics. Right in my wheelhouse. Stream-lined steam locomotives are up there too. In-line 4...in 1932. Why not? Yea, I like the way that looks. A lot. It is within 1/8 of an inch almost too camp. It wouldn't work in any other colour, I don't think.

Reply to
Robatoy

I have always loved cars. I love the artful designs, the off-wall engineering, the sounds, the smells of leather, rubber, fuel, oil, the feel of wrenches. The way that a design works in one colour, but is ugly in another.... all of course very personal tastes. On my way home from school (Netherlands, very early grades, like 2-5) I would make a detour past the garage where they worked on everything. My dad's cars were always maintained there, and the local ambulance, hearse, police cars were all serviced there... so were some of the more interesting ones. My dad went from an Austin A-40 to a Somerset, to a Morris Oxford, to a VandenPlas, those were all cars for the accountants' office. Personally, he had a series of Bugs, every 2 years a new one. All 'export' models with the double bumpers and all that rot. All that came to an end in 1966 when we moved to Canada and became a bit of a North American car fan... for a while. But I never quit reading all the european car mags I could get my hands on.

liked it.

stinkers. But all are interesting. THIS one I really like:

> Another (within the realm of possibility) was the Hemi Cuda driven by

My mentor at The National Research Council in Ottawa had a small collection of Loti. A couple of Elans, a Europa, and an Elite. I sat in the Europa, and couldn't get out....easily that is...I was not happy. If that thing had been scaled up, all around, by even 10%, it would have been a hit. Cute though.

Lately I am making a bit of study of automobile badges, logos and hood ornaments. They just don't make them like this anymore: (watch the wrap)

Robatoy

Robatoy

Nah, they're a foot over.

favorites are the big boys, the old steamers which had the overt round boilers, the dual large wheels, and the big arn cattle guards.
It wouldn't work in any other colour, I don't think.

Color does make a difference. Basic black is it.

-- If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. -- misattributed to Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

R:

You're welcome.

For some unfathomable reason the word dynaflow dances with windswept in my left ventricle when I whistle at that machine.

And it was the only one made, ever. Talk about a head turner. Naw, talk about a head spinner.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

Bugger, how the hell did I miss the first post on the Henderson??

Reply to
George W Frost

It was about a 1930 model is the only one I have ever seen

Reply to
George W Frost

The Henderson reminded me of this:

Robatoy

I stopped wanting to have anything to do with VWs when I rode over a bridge in the SF Bay Area in a VW bus. It was windy that day and the thing must have been tilted 45 degrees. I was looking at the water through the metal mesh of the bridge, wondering when we were either going to roll off the side or blow completely over the guard rails.

Later, a low-flying Bug came around a corner and smacked us head on in my friend's Mazda wagon. It sent us back about 50' while the bug went over the curb, bounced off the brick wall, careened across the road, down through the ditch, across the yard, and stuck itself in the kitchen of the duplex. My head bowed up the roof, my nose broke the windshield, and my chin broke the dashboard. I had a seatbelt on, too. Luckily, I didn't break anything, but I had a helluva whiplash for 6 weeks. My buddy had just shown up a my house after we'd gone through the Coke, denting the bottle of Lemonhart 151 Demerara rum. Since he was sober, I had him drive. He's the one who had lost his hearing due to overdose of morphine at the hospital for his burns after a fire. He was unhurt and flagged down the second ambulance for me. The driver of the bug had been paralyzed from the waist down after her seat had come off the track and wedged her under the steering wheel on the accelerator pedal. Her friend had somehow seen it coming and grabbed her unrestrained 2 y/o into his arms before the impact. Both were unharmed. Luckily, the driver lost her paralysis within a week, after the swelling went down. I hope it taught her a lesson. But I've seen more crazy drivers of VWs than any other car. You guys can _have_ them.

About the only Mercenary's Benz I like is the 450SL, in silver.

They were one fast and sexy car, weren't they?

The fastest car I've been in was my buddy's 67 GTO. He went through a differential a month, so I got to ride in it with anywhere from 2.03 up to 4.56:1 gearing (389cid, three 2bbl carbs 'tripower'. Second fastest was my '70 AMC Javelin Mark Donohue Special (390cid, 450hp,

450ft/lb when I was done, Borg Warner close-ratio 4-spd tranny.)

nowadays, either, was it? It was likely chrome/silver and gold.

Who the hell uses storks on emblems? The freaky Eyetalyuns?

[...]

Click on it and see how much that idiot owner needs to learn the secondary use of a toothbrush.

Jenkins had my ideal job. He drove every car as fast as it would go before it was sold.