OT - Bob Dylan - Victoria's Secret - what's wrong with this picture?

Did I have a 60s flashback or did I see, and hear, Bob Dylan in a Victoria's Secret ad? Is NOTHING SACRED?

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Mark and Kim Smith

You mean for Dylan or Victoria?

Reply to
Mike

You did and No. Personally, I always thought Dylan "(rhymes with willin')" was highly overrated.

Reply to
Larry

I never knew he was a cross dresser.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Larry responds:

Uh, well, OK. I always liked his songs, as long as I didn't have to listen to him singing them too often. His voice is close to as bad as mine.

Charlie Self "Adam and Eve had many advantages but the principal one was that they escaped teething." Mark Twain

Reply to
Charlie Self

This even was a story in German newspapers:

the headline ?Hey, Mr. Lingerie Man?

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Jordan

B a r r y wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Looks good in a thong, too.

Reply to
Hitch

Ugh. Thanks, that was an image I really didn't need. Not sure I am gonna be able to sleep tonight now with all the nightmares.

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

I second that! As soon as I read that there was this instant picture of ol Bob in some lingerie doing a photo shoot and I nearly threw up......Must think happy thoughts now............

Jim

Reply to
James D. Kountz

that's it. the last great anti-establishment icon from the 60s has sold out. it's all over now...unless, of course, he believes in the product....

Reply to
ken blais

So _that's_ where the lyrics came from!!

"the answer my friend is blowin' in the wind the answer is blowin' in the wind"

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

The Victoria's Secret products that I've given as gifts are often poorly made. However, they were plenty suitable for the task, and the overall results were excellent!

You go, Bob!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Reply to
Bob Haar

designed to be ripped off in a hurry.....

Reply to
bridger

That's Fredrick's. Vicki's are designed to be nibbled carefully. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Just be thankful it's Victoria secret and not Craftsman.

Reply to
Woody

I *did* throw up. Somebody owes me a new pair of pants.

Reply to
Silvan

Silvan responds:

Oh, c'mon, now. What on earth did you learn in college? Second less, third at the most: ALWAYS puke in front of yourself.

If you don't learn that, you have to stay away from all the frat beer parties (or so I'm told: I never went near a frat or frat house in my college days).

Charlie Self "If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin." Charles Darwin

Reply to
Charlie Self

Ahem - *High School* in Wisconsin. [ Fondly remembering that Old Milwaukee was $0.99 a six pack back then. Three of us with enuff bits to scrounge up a dollar had a great lunch. Only we was we made it thru American History at

12:15 ]

Partied with a fellow who, no matter how blind stinkin' drunk he was, never ever puked in your car. Even passed out, ol' Robert would come to and give you "the look". You had 8-10 seconds to lock up the brakes, put his door in the weeds. He'd manage to work the handle, eject, and get you back on the road in under a minute.

That man was a class act...

Unlike Gene, who threw up on the dash of his Mom's Imperial ('67 Sedan, 4 door, 383, not the 440). Ran down the defroster vents. Don't think we saw him outside of school for months, after that.

Reply to
mttt