OT: Boat Gloat

I've been posting my wood and tool gloats of late, so...
I went to an estate auction because I've been looking for a beater pick-up truck to haul stuff and they had one listed. When I got there, it had a work body so the bed was pretty useless for my needs, BUT..
They had a 16' tri-hull fiberglass boat with a 75 HP Johnson and nice galvanized double axel trailer. I asked if that was going to be autioned and it was, so I thought, heck, why not hang around and see what it goes for.
It was the 11th item auctioned and I opened the bidding at $100 - 1 person bid against me for $110 - I countered with $120 and that was it - no more bids!!!!
Got me a fishing boat for $120 and, when I checked it out further, the motor turned right over and spit water all nice and everything!
Saw one just like it in the paper for $1800 a week ago, but when I called back about it, it was sold.
Plus I picked up a 2HP PC Plunge router and a 2HP PC fixed based router (motor on both) for $7.00 and $11.00 (with a 6 inch cast iron bench vice and an assortment of handsaws, hammers, and large diameter drill bits thrown into the lots. (don't know what I'm going to do with the portable sewing machine tho.
Yeah - I pretty much sucked on Saturday, so when the auction was over I was trying to figure out how I was going to haul the boat home when I found a '80 F100 4x4 that looked aweful and ran great for $1100, got it for $900. Towed the boat home today.
Tillman
nice. Work at your leisure!
tillius wrote:

Yes, you defintely suck. Nice catch.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.barf
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:58:47 -0400, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

Yeah, and I really need to know how it ran at $900 if it ran great at $1,100. (My '60 F-100 looked like hell and ran great. I picked it up for $300, did the body work, painted it, and helped a restauranteur get his steamer over the Carlsbad Motocross track to the center field AFTER they had tilled and watered it. It amazed me, too.)
BTW, was that a wooden boat?
--
"Excess regulation and government spending destroy jobs and increase
unemployment. Every regulator we fire results in the creation of over

75 Johnson ..."Electric choke"
Alan Jackson
You suck. Grumble, whine, bitch, complain...     j4

I agree, you do suck.
Just remember the old saying...
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend all his time in a boat drinking beer.
Have fun.
Pete

Buying a boat at any price does not qualify as a gloat.
Signed, Former boat owner.

Selling it might.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
LRod wrote:

Depends on the boat--with the right one you've got a pretty big stock of project wood . . .

--
--John
tillius wrote:
<snip>

<snip>
Congrats on your great buy. I hope to find a Chevy Corvette the same way.... <g>
<seriously> However, it appears someone didn't know the values of the routers.
I have told SWMBO she should be able to get most of the $ back on my shop in the event of my untimely demise, because I bought much of the equipment used or at "fire sale" prices.
I *should* make a spreadsheet of all my major tools, what I paid for them, what she should be able to get for them, and put that spreadsheet in our fire safe along with the other info that's already in the safe that she will need in the event I quit breathing before she does. </seriously>
-- Mark