OT: Blessings

With the narrow contact patch of a dyno drum and no airflow to do any cooling...

100 MPH is still way too fast for most tires.
Reply to
Robatoy

Mon, Feb 18, 2008, 7:32am (EST-3) zzyzx_ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Zz=A0Yzx) doth sayeth: Yesterday afternoon, my 16 yo daughter drove off a country road and rolled the Honda Accord The Great Woodworker was looking after my family yesterday.

It's not Great Woodworker, it's Woodworking Gods, and that's not their job. Two sons, been there, done that; so don't bother getting on my ass.

And, yeah, I read your other post. If she was that unsure of her driving on a road like that, she should have either been driving slower, or taken another route.

JOAT

10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
Reply to
J T

'Bout time to buy a lottery ticket for all of you. I'm real happy things worked out as they did.

Reply to
Tanus

Yep. Well said, Leon.

Reply to
Tanus

You mean you've been killed twice by getting a deer in the face??

Reply to
Doug Miller

Sounds like she need more road time with dad.

I mentioned CT doing some different things. They already forbid 16 yo to have passengers and restrict night driving unless a parent is aboard. Talk is to raise the age to 17, but that will be a struggle. Hours behind the wheel is going to be increased also.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

My twin 15 year old daughters just finished drivers ed and they do still show "Highways of Death" or as we called it in the day "Hair teeth and eyeballs on the freeway". My daughter gave me a scene by scene description. Yucky, but effective.

D.G. Adams

Reply to
dgadams

I don't think the contact area is significantly less than on a highway, else there would be little point to testing on the machine in the first place.

Cooling is another matter, I wonder if they force air over the tire being tested.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

remember when george carlin heard the stats on most fatal car accidents happened within 20 miles of home he decided to move. too dangerous living that close to home. ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

I don't think the movie would have done much to improve my 29 yr. old daughters "scary to me" driving.... in one of her "helpful moments" she helped search the freeway shoulder for a guys leg after a nasty motorcycle accident......nothing phases her.....My youngest nurse daughter would have happily helped sew the thing back on.......Dinner conversation with them either or both of them is not always a good thing. Rod

Reply to
Rod & Betty Jo

Had to hunt for bits of a pilot once. After I found a boot complete with foot, I was very thankful I didn't find the helmet.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Lower velocity crashes like boy meets birch (OBWW) with aid of snowmobile make it clear why they call them "brain buckets."

Now it's DNA, but they still take your footprints in UFT to make things easier. I told my wife early on that regardless the size of the box they produced for burial, she shouldn't think there was much of me in it.

Reply to
George

Couple of deaths in this area recently. Girl was texting on her cell phone, another was doing over 100 mph on a two lane, another was doing 80+ when he hit a truck. Driver at 18 already had many moving violations.

Speed, alcohol, inattention keep coming up in the investigations.

Another case a few years ago was a couple of adults and the guy was killed. Both were thrown from the car Law suit from the family is trying to say she was driving and was liable. She had a defense though. She could not have been driving because she was giving him a BJ when he hit the tree. What a way to go.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski