OT - Better Late Than Never

Page 1 of 2
Being as it's the holiday season, here's a couple of holiday songs. Even if they are just a bit late. Enjoy. http://www.ie.lspace.org/ftp-lspace/sounds/mp3/happy-hogswatch.mp3 http://www.ie.lspace.org/ftp-lspace/sounds/mp3/om-is-trampling-the-unrighteous.mp3
JOAT People without "things" are just intelligent animals.
On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 10:32:11 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:
I rather be late than NEVER have viruses in my computer. Are you aware there were so many viruses being posted the last few days? The last one was "Bill Clinton.zip"

Can an MP3 file carry a virus?
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
I really don't know and WILL NOT interested to find out (learn the hard way). I know "scr, pif, png" are dangerous. Why take the chance? :-)

No, it can't. The trick it to make sure that the URL you see when clicking in actually the one being gone to. If you're using an inteligent news reader (like Agent for windows, or just about anything for Linux) you won't have to worry, but any of the MS ones can be fooled into showing one url and going to another.
-Keith
On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 11:56:11 -0500, "Joe"

If you are worried about virus', you better just stay off the 'net! Greg
(J T) wrote:

Greg O wrote:

Sun, Jan 2, 2005, 10:56am (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@wherevernet.com (WD) says: I rather be late than NEVER have viruses in my computer. Are you aware there were so many viruses being posted the last few days? The last one was "Bill Clinton.zip"
I never look at ANYTHING that includes the words "Bill Clinton".
JOAT People without "things" are just intelligent animals.
snipped-for-privacy@wherevernet.com (WD) says:

Why do you think that either of them is a virus. I take it you DO have an anti-virus program. It should take care of any viruses you might actually run into.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

Monica looked at Bill Clinton zip. Oh, that should be unzip.
J T wrote:

Why? do you think it is a come on? Sorry I couldn't help it.
J T wrote:

I hope you didn't UNZIP "Bill Clinton"
<gdr>
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Now that's funny.
snipped-for-privacy@cableone.net writes:

Or use a Mac. :-)
Glenna

And if Apple changed places with Microsoft as far as popularity, then hackers would be writing malicious code for Macintosh. So, what's your point?

And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. What is YOUR point?
--
-JR
Hung like Einstein and smart as a horse

My point is that I'm thoroughly tired of the elitist bullshit that Mac users spout whenever problems with Microsoft come up.
I use Windows and I even admit to using Outlook. So what? I use whatever program is appropriate for me at that moment of time. Those programs as well as a few dozen others do what I want them to do, when I want them to. A decent firewall and virus checker and I'm good to whenever I want.
So all you Mac users, if you're going to criticise the operating system I use when I've never once bother to criticise whatever you use, then Go Fuck Yourself.
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 08:24:40 -0500, Upscale wrote:

Keep using Windows instead of Mac, Unix, Linux, BSD, ... and you'll do it to yourself ;-)
- Doug

Well, considering it's been at least a dozen years, what's taking it so long? Oh, by the way Doug, thanks' for confirming yourself as a smug asshole. :)
See the :) there Doug? Like you, I'm trying to be funny. Got that asshole? :)
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 10:09:15 -0500, Upscale wrote:

And thank you for confirming yourself as being worthy of invisibility.