OT - Bending Z Flashing

Hello,
I recently read an article somewhere about bending Z flashing using a piece of plywood. It may even have been one of those "reader tips" in one of the woodworking magazines. As I recall, you cut out the size of the bend that you want in the plywood, secure it firmly, and then pull the flashing through the other side.
Does anyone here remember seeing the article or know where it came from? I tried searching for it among the magazine collection and online, but came up empty-handed.
I'd also be interested in any other techniques that are used short of buying a brake machine.
Thanks in advance to those who post a reply to the group.
Peter.
Peter Bogiatzidis wrote:

Seems like that would work but don't remember seeing any article about it. I know Harbor Freight sells one pretty cheap, but can understand not wanting to invest in something you will only use once.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

The latest issue of ShopNotes has an article on building a sheet metal brake. http://www.shopnotes.com/issues/108 /
Once you build it you can then make your own sheet metal shelves & drawers. http://www.shopnotes.com/issues/108/extras/quick-and-easy-sheet-metal-projects /

http://www.finehomebuilding.com/how-to/tips/plywood-sheet-metal-brake-for-custom-flashing.aspx?ac=ts&ra=fp

Well... I think that's probably what he was looking for, but I cannot imagine how busy you would be pulling or extruding your own "Z" flash through a piece of plywood.
Not to mention the rounded bends/corners.
Robert

I think you'd probably have to do it the way they do with roll forming machines, and have a couple or three plywood dies. My local roofing supply house has a nice antediluvian sheetmetal brake. A ton on the hoof, easy, and it's free to use.