OT: Beer Ban Lifted

The least he could of done was have a real beer. Geesh!

"Bill Morgan paid $150 to be the first customer to legally have a beer at an uptown restaurant since 1875.Bill Morgan paid $150 to be the first customer to legally have a beer at an uptown restaurant since 1875."

stoutman

Oh, it's real beer. There have been many mornings I wished it wasn't!

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

At least it wasn't B'Light. Tom

Reply to
tom

Hey! Give the guy a break! The Bud *brewery* is only a few miles from Westerville. May not be the best beer, but I'd bet it's the freshest in town! --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

Beer & Bud are mutually exclusive terms.

Bud, Millers & Coors are all products of a discontented horse.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Reply to
Thomas Bunetta

Fresh, crappy, heavily marketed beer... The stuff that makes American beer "famous" the world over. Is "Bud World Select" an oxymoron, or what?

Here in New England, we can get fresh, GOOD beer, from places like Magic Hat, Ipswitch, New England Brewing, Brooklyn, Otter Creek, Harpoon...

I can walk to a place with 40 beers on tap, where they put the date the keg was tapped right on the menu chalkboard. Just for diversity, they bring in stuff from Rogue River, Sierra Nevada, etc... as well as Euro stuff, casks, and barleywines.

Damn... It's only 06:50, and now I could go for a fresh microbrew...

Reply to
Ba r r y

I remember being a DeGaulle airport when the French national hobby, striking (in this case, the baggage handlers) disabled everything. Maggy went off to buy a couple beers and had to pay top dollar for imported stuff because the local stuff was sold out. The imported stuff, you ask? Budweiser. Shit. Or is that redundant? Grumble, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Rule 1: Any beer you can see light through isn't worth drinking.

Rule 2: If it says "stout" or "porter" it usually IS worth drinking.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

A man and his wife were sitting in the living room and he said to her, "Just so you know, I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug."

His wife got up, unplugged the TV and threw out all of his beer.

Reply to
John DeBoo

I thought striking was the Italian national hobby.

I've seen the French protests during the Tour de France, but that's another story...

I sat still for 5 hours on a high speed train (yeah, right...) between Rome and Padua due to a spontaneous strike. My wife and I were both eyeing the same cookie...

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Sat, Jan 14, 2006, 8:36am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@mahalo.charter.net (jo4hn) dorh sayeth: Maggy went off to buy a couple beers and had to pay top dollar for imported stuff because the local stuff was sold out. Lucky. I've tasted French beer.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

After a Beer Festival, in London, all the brewery presidents decided to go out for a beer.

The guy from Corona sits down and says "Hey Senor, I would like the world's best beer, a Corona." The bartender dusts off a bottle from the shelf and gives it to him.

The guy from Budweiser says "I'd like the best beer in the world, give me 'The King Of Beers', a Budweiser." The bartender gives him one.

The guy from Coors says "I'd like the only beer made with Rocky Mountain spring water, give me a Coors." He gets it.

The guy from Guiness sits down and says "Give me a Coke." The bartender is a little taken aback, but gives him what he ordered.

The other brewery presidents look over at him and ask "Why aren't you drinking a Guiness?" and the Guiness resident replies "Well, if you guys aren't drinking beer, neither will I."

Reply to
Tim and Steph

Problem: stout and porter are mud.

A nice pilsner beer however is a treat.

Reply to
George Max

A keeper, for sure...

Reply to
Ba r r y

That's right! Guiness is not beer, it's more like thinned road tar......;) --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

Reply to
Bob Meyer

In the SFWIW category, belong to another list who has an Irishman on it who lives very near the river where Giuiness gets its water.

He won't drink Guiness.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Guiness is brewed in several places. I had a friend whose father worked for them and he (the father) could tell you where it was brewed from a single mouthful.

I love the draught variety but I'm not wild about the bottled version.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Steinlager(tm) from New Zealand is the only real beer.

Reply to
Dhakala