OT: Beer Ban Lifted

Page 1 of 2

The least he could of done was have a real beer. Geesh!
"Bill Morgan paid $150 to be the first customer to legally have a beer at an uptown restaurant since 1875.Bill Morgan paid $150 to be the first customer to legally have a beer at an uptown restaurant since 1875." http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/13/beer.ban.ap/index.html
--
Stoutman
http://home.triad.rr.com/brianmelissa/woodworking_frames.htm

Oh, it's real beer. There have been many mornings I wished it wasn't!
At least it wasn't B'Light. Tom
Hey! Give the guy a break! The Bud *brewery* is only a few miles from Westerville. May not be the best beer, but I'd bet it's the freshest in town! --dave

Dave Jackson wrote:

Beer & Bud are mutually exclusive terms.
Bud, Millers & Coors are all products of a discontented horse.
Lew
Amen! Tom

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Rule 1: Any beer you can see light through isn't worth drinking.
Rule 2: If it says "stout" or "porter" it usually IS worth drinking.
--
It's turtles, all the way down

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 09:06:18 -0800, Larry Blanchard

Problem: stout and porter are mud.
A nice pilsner beer however is a treat.
George Max wrote:

Steinlager(tm) from New Zealand is the only real beer.

Fresh, crappy, heavily marketed beer... The stuff that makes American beer "famous" the world over. Is "Bud World Select" an oxymoron, or what? <G>
Here in New England, we can get fresh, GOOD beer, from places like Magic Hat, Ipswitch, New England Brewing, Brooklyn, Otter Creek, Harpoon...
I can walk to a place with 40 beers on tap, where they put the date the keg was tapped right on the menu chalkboard. <G> Just for diversity, they bring in stuff from Rogue River, Sierra Nevada, etc... as well as Euro stuff, casks, and barleywines.
Damn... It's only 06:50, and now I could go for a fresh microbrew...
Ba r r y wrote:

I remember being a DeGaulle airport when the French national hobby, striking (in this case, the baggage handlers) disabled everything. Maggy went off to buy a couple beers and had to pay top dollar for imported stuff because the local stuff was sold out. The imported stuff, you ask? Budweiser. Shit. Or is that redundant?     Grumble,     jo4hn

I thought striking was the Italian national hobby.
I've seen the French protests during the Tour de France, but that's another story...
I sat still for 5 hours on a high speed train (yeah, right...) between Rome and Padua due to a spontaneous strike. My wife and I were both eyeing the same cookie... <G>
Barry
Sat, Jan 14, 2006, 8:36am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@mahalo.charter.net (jo4hn) dorh sayeth: <snip> Maggy went off to buy a couple beers and had to pay top dollarfor imported stuff because the local stuff was sold out. <snip> Lucky. I've tasted French beer.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"? - Granny Weatherwax
A man and his wife were sitting in the living room and he said to her, "Just so you know, I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug."
His wife got up, unplugged the TV and threw out all of his beer.
After a Beer Festival, in London, all the brewery presidents decided to go out for a beer.
The guy from Corona sits down and says "Hey Senor, I would like the world's best beer, a Corona." The bartender dusts off a bottle from the shelf and gives it to him.
The guy from Budweiser says "I'd like the best beer in the world, give me 'The King Of Beers', a Budweiser." The bartender gives him one.
The guy from Coors says "I'd like the only beer made with Rocky Mountain spring water, give me a Coors." He gets it.
The guy from Guiness sits down and says "Give me a Coke." The bartender is a little taken aback, but gives him what he ordered.
The other brewery presidents look over at him and ask "Why aren't you drinking a Guiness?" and the Guiness resident replies "Well, if you guys aren't drinking beer, neither will I."

A keeper, for sure... <G>
That's right! Guiness is not beer, it's more like thinned road tar......;) --dave

And damn good thinned road tar it is...

Bob Meyer wrote: > And damn good thinned road tar it is...
"Dave Jackson" wrote:
>>That's right! Guiness is not beer, it's more like thinned road >>tar......;) --dave
In the SFWIW category, belong to another list who has an Irishman on it who lives very near the river where Giuiness gets its water.
He won't drink Guiness.
Lew

Guiness is brewed in several places. I had a friend whose father worked for them and he (the father) could tell you where it was brewed from a single mouthful.
I love the draught variety but I'm not wild about the bottled version.