OT: Bedbugs and the Tracking Dog

Theft of electrical energy used to be the usual entrance key to the grow-houses until they stopped stealing power and paying the bills. The utility companies consider them their best customers now.

If the cops didn't lie they would seldom get an admission of guilt.

And then if the Canadian justice system becomes involved somewhere along the line, a pat on the back seems to be the preferred sentence. And that I find truly disgusting.

Reply to
Josepi

Oh, I don't know. They may resort to other tactics.

I recall walking in to the detective branch office (3rd floor) and asking the lieutenant where the blood on the floor came from.

"One of the suspects had a nose bleed. Musta been the altitude..."

Reply to
HeyBub

Reply to
Robatoy

Only if you have a bizarre sense of humor.

I figure that's why I'm shunned by so many "respectable" citizens.

For example, I still giggle over an answer to my question "What line of work are you in?" "I'm in solid waste disposal - I'm a Houston Police officer."

Most think my amusement at that line should be met with a flame-thrower.

Oh well...

Reply to
HeyBub

Jerry Orbach did those gallows lines very well.

Reply to
Robatoy

Yep. Got a call once for "Man exposing himself" on a busy freeway during morning rush hour.

Turns out he had about a 28" waist and wearing 36" jeans. And no underwear. Every twenty feet the pants would drop to his knees and he'd bend over to pull them up - effectively mooning all the oncoming traffic.

As I approached, I radioed that I had the miscreant spotted, "... but he's on the shoulder in the no-pants lane." The groan from a hundred police cars caused a disturbance in the force.

Reply to
HeyBub