OT - Beads of Courage

Saw a presentation at a woodturning event last night from a charity, Beads of Courage, that was looking for donations of boxes and bowls to contain beads. They give beads to kids who are undergoing serious medical treatment and the kids see them as badges of honour. There is a different bead for each type of treatment so we saw pictures of kids with huge, multistrand necklaces and it was heart breaking to see how many were for chemo etc. Not all make necklaces but apparently the kids are avid collectors. Their parents keep the beads in bowls or boxes if the kids don’t make it.
http://www.beadsofcourage.ca/about
It has given me ideas for some pieces I had been thinking of making.
The US organisation:http://www.beadsofcourage.org/pages/beadsofcourage.htm
Graham
On Wed, 06 Apr 2016 09:58:50 -0600, graham wrote:

Just to clarify that, they want both turned round boxes and joined rectangular ones. I'm a better woodworker than a wood turner, so I made a few joined ones. There are guidelines on their website for dimensions.
Our turners club made some last year and we embedded a logo button (available from their website) in each lid.
carrying a cross.
On 06/04/2016 3:52 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

where one can contribute something other than money. Graham

Here we go: http://www.beadsofcourage.ca/woodworkers
Hm... That looks like fun. I might try making a bowl to their guidelines and if it turns out ok I might send it to them.
Any troubles or tips for being in the US and sending things across the border? I know on something like this you can write "gift" on the Customs form and avoid certain fees.
Puckdropper