OT: Bail Out Plan (funny)

Received this a few days ago from a friend. Thought others here might enjoy it. ......
I'm against the $ 85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.
Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve It Dividend.
To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bona fide adults in the U.S.
Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 20 0,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..
So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billion that equals $425,000.00.
My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It Dividend.
Of course, it would NOT be tax free.
So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.
Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes.
That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.
But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A husband and wife has $595,000.00.
What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?
Pay off your mortgage housing crisis solved.
Repay college loans what a great boost to new grads.
Put away money for college it'll be there.
Save in a bank create money to loan to entrepreneurs.
Buy a new car, create jobs
Invest in the market capital drives growth
Pay for your parent's medical insurance health care improves
Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean or else
Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.
If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( "vote buy" ) economic incentive.
If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!
As for AIG liquidate it.
Sell off its parts.
Let American General go back to being American General.
Sell off the real estate.
Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.
Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.
Sure it's a crazy idea that can "never work."
But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!
How do you spell Economic Boom? I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion We Deserve It Dividend more than the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC.
And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.
Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.
Lenny
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

$85,000,000,000.00 / 200,000,000 does not equal 425,000.00 it equals $425.
Add pictures here
✖
Thanks Bill. OP obviously never had to use a slide rule and keep track of orders of magnitude.

Add pictures here
✖

Killjoy.
jc
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 6, 4:49 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

It's hard to keep track of all those zeros, eh? It's $ 425.00
Add pictures here
✖
As other's have correctly pointed out, the figure is actually $425.00
Now the 11.315 trillion debt ceiling is really interesting.
Assuming a paper dollar is about ..0043" thick. (http://hypertextbook.com/facts/1999/DeneneWilliams.shtml )
Stack up 11.315 trillion dollar bills and you'd have 3 stacks that reached the orbit of the moon with another stack about double the height of a geosynchronous orbit. . 11,315,000,000,000 dollar bills at ..0043 inches each 48,654,500,000 inches = 4,054,541,667 feet = 767,906 miles = 3.22 one way trips to the moon.
But, assuming there are 200,000,000 adult humans resident in the US, that's only $56,575.00 for every adult US resident. Mere rocket change!
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA
Add pictures here
✖

<snip>
...rocket change... love the term.
As y'all may have noticed by now, the original wacky post is viral. This is the second place I've seen it thus far tonight. In the same spirit, here's how I responded the first time I saw the thang.
--
Right. So here's what we do. Go out and spend some money at a local
business. I know, we're all broke. Local economies are broken because

*snip*
Ever seen Wakko's Wish? Same basic idea, but much more entertaining. Rent it at your local video store, if you have one. (It'll be in the Children's section, as it is Animaniacs after all.)
Puckdropper

✖
Australopithecus scobis wrote:

A bank in Seattle was handing out $10 bills to people on the sidewalk in front of the bank on the condition that they give it away and allow themselves to be video taped doing it.
Neat.
Lew
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 7, 1:24 am, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

My buddy's sister works for Warner Bros. As a result, I have been exposed to Wakka's curse and I have this obsession that I need to own all things Animaniacs =o) I have all episodes ever made. Very clever stuff. Sometimes very biting. I always had a crush on Slappy Squirrel. Oy vey. Animaniacs RULE!
Yes. That is a wonderful synopsis of the current situation. Wakko is wise. <G>
Thanks for reminding me of it.
✖
Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

A Ha'penny! We'll be rich!
--
"Keep your ass behind you."

Add pictures here
✖

I think most of Main street is against the bail-out. Started as 700B, no-go. Came back with pork, 800+B. Passed If it stays at 800B I'll be VERY suprised. 2Trillion? 3T? more like it. And would not be too suprised to see 4T.
Thank the Dems. for everyone should have a house, even if they can't afford it.
Thank the Dems. for allowing the greedy Rep. to repeal the banking regs of 1933. Took 20 years and 20-30Mil. to lobby the repeal
Add pictures here
✖

<...snipped...>
<...snipped...>
<...snipped...>
Sounds like a great plan. The only problem I see is that 85 billion divided by 200 million is 425, not 425,000.
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)
✖
On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 16:49:54 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Thanks, Lew... I wanted to post that, but had deleted it after sending it out on my joke list..
Makes a lot of sense, too..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Add pictures here
✖
Opps ! ... Well Reality rears it's ugly head again. Haha Sorry, I should have paid more attention.
Of course I'm still trying to figure out why 20 years ago, when my Dad offered to double the pay raise he had been planning to give me, never amounted to an increase.
Heck, he said "Lets triple it, in fact" !
He had a sense of humor anyway. =0 )
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...