OT: Bad Driveway Design

|htmlws-main-n|dl3|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.diylife.com%2F2010%2F05%2F21%2Fdiy-disaster-doctor-3-steps-to-bad-driveway-design%2FSonny

Reply to
Sonny

Did a lot of work in San Francisco a few years back as a Cable Construction Contractor. I saw more then a few of these examples there. Not sure if its the ground settling or it was built this way. But I did have to look twice. At the time these dwellings were going for more then 3/4 of million or more dollars.

Reply to
Evodawg

Not exactly going to be able to park the Prius or SmartCar there, are they?

Well, maybe if they are average size, then they can just stop at the step and carry the car up the steps into the garage. If they do it backwards, then they can get a running start and fly off the top step every morning, kind of a return to childhood.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

It isn't necessarily a garage. We have a house near us with three garage doors - two at ground level and one at second floor level. One day I drove by when the top door was open. It is a boat manufacturing site meant to blend in with the surrounding houses. The top door is apparantly used to bring material in and boats out with a lift.

Gary

Reply to
Abby Brown

It would make a nice loading dock to get the big iron into the shop.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin