OT: Bad Driveway Design

http://www.diylife.com/2010/05/21/diy-disaster-doctor-3-steps-to-bad-driveway-design/?icid=main |htmlws-main-n|dl3|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.diylife.com%2F2010%2F05%2F21%2Fdiy-disaster-doctor-3-steps-to-bad-driveway-design%2F
Sonny
Sonny wrote:

driveway-design/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl3|link4| http%3A%2F%2Fwww.diylife.com%2F2010%2F05%2F21%2Fdiy-disaster-doctor-3-steps- to-bad-driveway-design%2F
Did a lot of work in San Francisco a few years back as a Cable Construction Contractor. I saw more then a few of these examples there. Not sure if its the ground settling or it was built this way. But I did have to look twice. At the time these dwellings were going for more then 3/4 of million or more dollars.
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK !
Sonny wrote:

driveway-design/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl3|link4| http%3A%2F%2Fwww.diylife.com%2F2010%2F05%2F21%2Fdiy-disaster-doctor-3-steps- to-bad-driveway-design%2F
Not exactly going to be able to park the Prius or SmartCar there, are they?
Well, maybe if they are average size, then they can just stop at the step and carry the car up the steps into the garage. If they do it backwards, then they can get a running start and fly off the top step every morning, kind of a return to childhood.

Rob Leatham

It isn't necessarily a garage. We have a house near us with three garage doors - two at ground level and one at second floor level. One day I drove by when the top door was open. It is a boat manufacturing site meant to blend in with the surrounding houses. The top door is apparantly used to bring material in and boats out with a lift.
Gary
On Wed, 26 May 2010 15:54:15 -0400, "Abby Brown"

It would make a nice loading dock to get the big iron into the shop.
-Kevin