OT: Attaching A Headboard To A Bedframe

Hi,
My daughter bought a headboard. The holes for attaching the headboard to the frame don't match the holes in the frame. Is this common? The hole patterns aren't standard? Both brackets are metal.
Thanks, Gary

All the frames I've seen have slots instead of round holes, allowing for some pretty extensive realignment. Is your daughter's headboard outside that range, or do both just have round holes?
When she (you?) drills to get a match, drill the frame. It's easier to fix if you miss.

Lee Valley sells three of four different sorts of hardware for attaching head/foot boards to frames. I don;t know if there is a similar degree of variation in factory-made beds. If your daughter bought only the headboard it is entirely possible for it to be incompatible with the frame. You may be able to retrofit the headboard with matching hardware bought from Lee Valley.
--
FF