OT: At least there was one

Page 3 of 4
Dang! And here I always thought it took two to tango....
Renata
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:38:29 -0400, "Al Reid"
-snip-

-snip-
Renata responds:

Oh, c'mon now. You know it's always all the woman's fault. No man would take advantage. Have you ever heard a more Victorian point of view? Thought that concept had died some time in the '60s, one of the better results of feminism.
But it does seem like she had already gone to the "bare" point, so...does he mean "bear" without knowing it?
Charlie Self "I think the most un-American thing you can say is, 'You can't say that.' " Garrison Keillor
Until men are able to get pregnant and carry children, the greater burden of preventing unwanted pregnancies is placed on women. If you don't like it, send your complaints to the designer.
todd
wrote:

_her_ actions.

However, motherhood is optional, while fatherhood is not. Takes a big load off the female.
Until the male has the right to dispose of his responsibility toward that no-viable tissue mass....
wrote:

_her_ actions.

He *does* and always has. Don't put it in there in the first place.
sheesh.

Now either you're dense, or just trying to act so.
In this country, a woman may abort and avoid responsibility for her reproductive actions, a male does not have that option.
Is that clear enough?

On 22 Jul 2004 07:57:07 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Flip flop No.1

Flip Flop No.2

Flip Flop No.3

Flop Flop No.4

Flip Flop No.5

Flip Flop No.6

Any more flip flop? I always thot Kerry is the flip flop man?

Yeah, when you write both sides of the conversation, it's easy to counter the arguments. Doesn't mean any of it is _accurate_, but at least you get to claim it is, right?

daddy
guy
What does Bush 43 have to do with Reagan? How is this a flip flop?

with
When did Bush not support trade with China? Same question?

The UN resolutions were a result of an armistice on a war which we shouldered 95% of the burden. They were simply a conduit. Again, same question.

speeches
Veterans benefits continue to outpace inflation, and everyone in the private sector has seen their insurance plans change over time to fight the escalating costs. Again, where is the flip flop?

care to

All Americans have health care. Oh, do you mean "health insurance"? Funny how the left never wants to phrase it that way. Again, I don't see any flip flop.

offense.
solid
Show me one instance where Bush told us something he knew wasn't true.
I realize the DNC is fighting the Kerry flip flop charge tooth and nail, but none of the six listed could be described as a flip flop. Kerry has flipped on the exact same issues numerous times.
Joe
Joe Tylicki responds:

The density of the bone in Bush's head keeps him from knowing a lot of things.

WTF does the DNC have to do with the listed items, which, in fact, were listed as faults, not as flip flops originally?
Charlie Self "I think the most un-American thing you can say is, 'You can't say that.'" Garrison Keillor
On 24 Jul 2004 00:28:06 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Bush keep on hesitating every time he speaks, I wish Cheney was there to help him. When he say. "Cheney can be Presiden!", for a minute I thot he say "Cheney is President"

Resorting to a personal attack on anyone, is a sure sign that you have no facts from which to build your argument. I expected you to be above that, Charlie, I really did.
Snicker.
wrote:

things.

Are you sure or are you going to flip flop too?
Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

Wasn't that a song by The Who?

Yes. I would've thought Baby Bush would have been more of a country fan, excluding the Dixie Chicks, of course.
--

FF

I think if you really wanted to get it straight, you would read the news reports directly from a couple of different sources. If you did that you'd realize that a) what was taken was a photocopy -- not the original -- of a report submitted to Berger on how the Millenium attacks were foiled, and that the 9/11 commission has the original (b) the other thing taken out was his handwritten notes in prep for the 9/11 commission; (c) all this happened more than 4 months ago, since which Berger has been cooperating and is just now being leaked; (d) Berger probably has no motivation to steal a report that the 9/11 commission has already seen and included in their report.
But I don't think you really want to get it straight, do you? I suspect knowing more about current events would cause you to question your comfortable political views.
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:36:16 -0700, Nate Perkins wrote:

The question I have is why if this was all just a little misunderstanding - what's with the stuffing of the notes and whatever into the socks and pants rather than the briefcase?
-Doug
--
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples
then you and I will still each have one apple.

Who of credibility actually claims that the ex-national security adviser is stuffing notes into his socks and pants? Really, what would he have to gain?
More likely this is just a little mudslinging episode with a high amount of exaggeration.
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/07/23/national1120EDT0526.DTL
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A7104-2004Jul22.html
really wanted to get it straight, you would read the

The details seem to be a bit sketchy to nail down, but do we know this for a fact? I'm not sure we even know everything he took, since by Berger's own admission, he lost several documents. Which, of course, isn't the point anyway. The point is, he shouldn't have taken the documents in the first place. Unfortunately, it is yet another reflection on how seriously members of the Clinton administration took protection of classified information.

Which he also was not authorized to take.
(c) all this happened more than 4 months ago, since

Typical liberal response. More worried about the timing of the release of the information than the information itself. Look, I'm willing to stipulate that the release of the information is politically motivated. It's less than four months from the presidential election! Everything is politically motivated from here on out.

I see. You know everything that was contained in the documents he was looking at? Including the ones that have disappeared? OK. You tell me why he took the documents. Please come up with a story that doesn't make me laugh out loud.

But you've got it all straight, right?
todd