OT: as OT as OT gets. I had my last Peanut Butter Cup.

Here in the USA we say things like, "They stayed in a hotel last night".

Few folks here would say, "They stayed in an hotel last night".

IMO, YMMV, HAND

Reply to
dadiOH

Good lord.

If you are going to adjust you eating habits because of the bullshit attorneys can come up with, your life-span is limited.

Pass the Peanut Butter Cups!!!

RonB

Reply to
RonB

They insult my intelligence by assuming I can't tell the difference between wrappers?

Reply to
Robatoy

They're not trying to insult YOUR intelligence, only those on the jury.

Nothing personal at all.

Reply to
HeyBub

:-) Fair enough..

Reply to
Robatoy

In many parts of the USA (including the one in which I live), that's pronounced by many people. Fortunately, I grew up farther north, and know how to pronounce it correctly. The correct *American* pronunciation, that is, which is the one you gave.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Aitch.

But that has nothing to do with it (think W!)

BTW google gives 12,400,000 hits for "a hospital" but only 181,000 hits for "an hospital" - and most of the latter are discussing usage.

Reply to
Bob Martin

: How would you spell the name of the letter 'H'?

: JG

'aitch'.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to