OT: as OT as OT gets. I had my last Peanut Butter Cup.

Page 1 of 6
No more Hershey products for me. (Haven't consciously bought a Coke product since 1985 either.)
Hershey Chocolate sues competitor Mars for trademark and copyright infringement, because Mars' wrappers contain "several shades of brown". ON A CHOCOLATE WRAPPER
http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLinkW85551
They have lost their mind.
On 11/27/10 12:07 PM, Robatoy wrote:

No crazier than this: :http://techcrunch.com/2010/11/23/patent-office-agrees-to-facebooks-face-trademark/
That put a frownie on the front of my head.
--
Froz...

On 11/27/2010 11:07 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Being color blind, I will immediately advise my 300lb Samoan attorney to file suit against Hershey for blatant discrimination ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 11/27/2010 11:07 AM, Robatoy wrote:

On that same note, the other day my youngest daughter made the best home made "Reese's Peanut Butter Cups" and brought them out to the shop for Leon and I while we were putting cabinets together for the latest kitchen.
I only got one ... :(
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

(Look, it's too cold here in Britain for me to be in the shed at the minute, and this is how my lack-of-woodworking frustration manifests itself!)
On 11/27/2010 12:55 PM, David Paste wrote:

It was called "manners" where I grew up ... trumped grammar every time after the damned nun's beat the me/we out of us for that very reason.

It's too cold 'ere for I to be in the shed also ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

They're a bloody nuisance, them Nuns.

If I understand corretly, you're saying that its a simple case of 'force of _habit_', eh?
<<*GRIN*>>
On 11/27/2010 12:55 PM, David Paste wrote:

Oh how many times a day I bite my tongue when I read in public forums what the common man has written, but people get grumpy when you correct their grammar so I usually just keep it to myself. However, since the can of worms is open, two others that I JUST don't understand are "to" vs. "too", and "lose" vs. "loose". How can so MANY get them so wrong? And don't get me started on superfluous apostrophes. :-)
And now back to our regularly scheduled off-topic meanderings. :-)

There / their / they're, and the new scourge: text speak. Argh! Although why it is called text 'speak' when it is concerned with the corruption of spellings, I have no idea.

Well, I am not sure about where you are from, but over here it is those pesky politicians interfering in things they have no idea about, like education.
On 11/27/2010 1:32 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Shirt happens ...
Viola, being the uncommon man that your are, perhaps you to would like to be in own my favorite web sight ... it will deal with the folks who still care about the English language, all too of you.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

other people to?
On 11/27/2010 2:06 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Me await you're participation with baited breath ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Swingman wrote:

Where's it at? Or should I ax somebody else?
--

dadiOH
____________________________

You just had to lower the tone, didn't you!
On 11/27/2010 2:44 PM, dadiOH wrote:

Mais cher, I'll told you dis about dat ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
<leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

One that always irritates me is "it didn't phase him".
On 11/28/10 5:02 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Put your phasers on stun.
--
Froz...

Well, he -wasn't- an electrician, or a conductor, was he?
OTOH, there was the person who was absolutely flabbergasted to see a person 'drop trou' in a public venue. It was reported that the look on their face was the faze of the moon.
On 11/27/10 1:32 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

I give benefit of the doubt to most errors which can be attributed to fast typing, unless it's habitual... and we both know those guys. :-)
What I have (not "I've got") little patience for is mixed tense... specifically, "has got" or "have got" and their corresponding contractions, such as, "you've got to see this," or 'he's got it."
There are grammar web sites that claim this is correct and it simply is not. Or they claim it's ok in informal discussion. "Informal discussion" is the new term for slang.
I have no problem with it when actually used in informal discussion. What's driving me crazy is its common use in documentary script. It's become completely common in TV narration on the History channel, Discovery channel, and dare I say it.... PBS.
--

-MIKE-