OT: as OT as OT gets. I had my last Peanut Butter Cup.

No more Hershey products for me. (Haven't consciously bought a Coke product since 1985 either.)

Hershey Chocolate sues competitor Mars for trademark and copyright infringement, because Mars' wrappers contain "several shades of brown". ON A CHOCOLATE WRAPPER

have lost their mind.

Reply to
Robatoy

No crazier than this: :

put a frownie on the front of my head.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Being color blind, I will immediately advise my 300lb Samoan attorney to file suit against Hershey for blatant discrimination ...

Reply to
Swingman

On that same note, the other day my youngest daughter made the best home made "Reese's Peanut Butter Cups" and brought them out to the shop for Leon and I while we were putting cabinets together for the latest kitchen.

I only got one ... :(

Reply to
Swingman

There's a drum company with round lugs, who get's their jollies by suing other drum companies with round lugs for copyright/trademark infringement.

They apparently think they invented the circle. It never gets to court.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Me. Leon and Me, not I.

(Look, it's too cold here in Britain for me to be in the shed at the minute, and this is how my lack-of-woodworking frustration manifests itself!)

Reply to
David Paste

It was called "manners" where I grew up ... trumped grammar every time after the damned nun's beat the me/we out of us for that very reason.

It's too cold 'ere for I to be in the shed also ...

Reply to
Swingman

Oh how many times a day I bite my tongue when I read in public forums what the common man has written, but people get grumpy when you correct their grammar so I usually just keep it to myself. However, since the can of worms is open, two others that I JUST don't understand are "to" vs. "too", and "lose" vs. "loose". How can so MANY get them so wrong? And don't get me started on superfluous apostrophes. :-)

And now back to our regularly scheduled off-topic meanderings. :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

They're a bloody nuisance, them Nuns.

Reply to
David Paste

There / their / they're, and the new scourge: text speak. Argh! Although why it is called text 'speak' when it is concerned with the corruption of spellings, I have no idea.

Well, I am not sure about where you are from, but over here it is those pesky politicians interfering in things they have no idea about, like education.

Reply to
David Paste

Did you "sue" Leon (bar him from your shop) or just smack him with your hammer?

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Shirt happens ...

Viola, being the uncommon man that your are, perhaps you to would like to be in own my favorite web sight ... it will deal with the folks who still care about the English language, all too of you.

Reply to
Swingman

What the hell is a "hammer"??

Got a link? Quick, while me still got money, left ...

(how's that frustration level doing now, David?)

Reply to
Swingman

Would their be room for me? Hopefully your going to make room for other people to?

Reply to
Robatoy

There's a sharp pain running down my left arm now.

Reply to
David Paste

Me await you're participation with baited breath ...

Reply to
Swingman

If you're fingers start tingling, go straight to hospital!

Or is it "a" hospital; are maybe "an" hospital??

(Where's that damn nun when you need her ...)

Reply to
Swingman

Probably working out the interest rates on her loansharking.

Reply to
David Paste

Hell, with all the gold I saw just on the walls at the Vatican you would think they could just retire and forego work of any kind.

Reply to
Swingman

I give benefit of the doubt to most errors which can be attributed to fast typing, unless it's habitual... and we both know those guys. :-)

What I have (not "I've got") little patience for is mixed tense... specifically, "has got" or "have got" and their corresponding contractions, such as, "you've got to see this," or 'he's got it."

There are grammar web sites that claim this is correct and it simply is not. Or they claim it's ok in informal discussion. "Informal discussion" is the new term for slang.

I have no problem with it when actually used in informal discussion. What's driving me crazy is its common use in documentary script. It's become completely common in TV narration on the History channel, Discovery channel, and dare I say it.... PBS.

Reply to
-MIKE-