OT: As if THS is news.....

Page 6 of 6

Sometimes both at the same time, like Casablanca, West Side Story. Some of the best movies come out of the $4.99 bin at WalMart.
"Robatoy" wrote
"Swingman" wrote

"To Have and Have Not" ... what a woman that Bacall was, at the tender young age of 19!
Slim: "You know you don't have to act with me, Steve. You don't have to say anything, and you don't have to do anything. Not a thing. Oh, maybe just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow."
IMO, there is nothing in the last 40 years that comes close!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

To Robatoy,
I also watch TCM too much. I can't prove it, but I may hold the record for the number of times I've watched Casablanca.I don't know if Guiness tabulates such statistics but I must be in the top ten. Joe G
"GROVER" wrote

"Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine."
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

"Round up the usual suspects."

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07
Robatoy wrote:

"Gambling? I'm shocked! ... Your winnings sir."

into
Enuff of this ... I'm ending with my favorite, all time, movie line: Jack Nicholson in "As Good As It Gets" when asked how he, as a male writer, develops his women characters:
"I think of a man, then remove all reason and accountability".
Back to work ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

Amen. Did you catch the Burt Lancaster series of movies that were on TCM recently?

Yes, I caught Burt Lancaster, he's one of the tops. Speaking of humble beginings, I had to walk to school 5 miles each day, up hill both ways. Joe G

Well, you didn't have to fight off lions and cross rivers like I did.
GROVER wrote:

You forgot about the waist high snow. But then I was attacked by a frenzied saber tooth potfer one time.     j4

You had school? We had to find a smart person and follow them around.

Not a good line, Ed. Too many easy comebacks.