OT: Are Woodworkers smarter than your average bear?

Page 1 of 4
I saw this on another forum and thought it would be a bit of harmless fun. Please - don't take it too seriously.
http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq /
Greg
==================Congratulations, Greg! Your IQ score is 135
This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.
Your Intellectual Type is Facts Curator. This means you are highly intelligent and have picked up an impressive and unique collection of facts and figures over the years. You've got a remarkable vocabulary and exceptional math skills - which puts you in the same class as brainiacs like Bill Gates. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

I did 127 and that was before my morning tea. Ed
Jack Novak writes:

Is that why teenagers are so damned smart? I can recall our youngest telling us that her 8th grade schoolmates could do better at running the country...this was the day after a kid at a dance got bumped off the bleachers, almost knocked himself out, and the entire dance erupted in threats from his brothers (to the persons who supposedly pushed him off the seat), and running mascara amongst all the girls who thought the dizzy kid was dead, even though he was sitting up and moving his head.
Charlie Self "The test and the use of man's education is that he finds pleasure in the exercise of his mind." Jacques Barzun
Charlie Self wrote:

It's amazing how much smarter your parents get as you grow older.

--
--John

142 Visionary Philosopher. Yeah, me and Plato. Must mean I'm a pretty good guesser.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA
Greg Millen wrote:

It might be interesting.
Greg Millen = 135 Jack Novak = 136

fun.
Congratulations, Norman! Your IQ score is 127
This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.
Your Intellectual Type is Word Warrior. This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.
Now I know I'm hanging out with a bunch of "big brains"
--
Nahmie
The first myth of management is that management exists.

new
My score was 129 with exactly the same response as the paragraph above. I wonder what response it might give if someone intentionally entered most of the wrong answers.
Norman D. Crow wrote:

131 / "Word Warrier"
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN"wrote in message

But you flunked the spelling part, right? :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/15/04

Larry Jaques = 136 Greetings, fellow Group W benchers!
------------------------------------------------------------------ Vote early, Vote often, Vote for Chad! http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website & Database Development

Owen Lowe = 138 / Visionary Philosopher
NANNYNANNYBOOBOO!!
Interesting how it appears more of us were deemed VPs than WWs, VMs or FCs...
Back in high skool my score was 133, so maybe getting old does have merits.
I'd also like to know the ones I got wrong but couldn't find any link to let me know.
On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 23:38:01 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC

Boy, howdy!

Huh?!?
It's probably a highly scientific (read: "random") formula they use on the extremely valuable test they give out freely.

125 here.

You pay your $12.95 and JUST MAYBE find out if it's in the 15 page detailed report. Har!
------------------------------------------------------------------ Vote early, Vote often, Vote for Chad! http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website & Database Development
Larry Jaques wrote...

I got them all correct when I took that test a year ago or so. It doesn't appear to have changed. If you have any particular questions that you were unsure of, I'd be happy to help. I suppose I could go through it again and list the answers, if anybody cares.
Cheers!
Jim

Thanks for so clearly illustrating my point there SeaLess.
<sNiP>

It must certainly be due to the time we've wasted, er, spent, here on the reque.
On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 00:18:11 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC

Yes, indubitably.
------------------------------------------------------- "i" before "e", except after "c", what a weird society. ---- http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications

Congratulations, Doug! Your IQ score is 144
Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others and at anticipating and predicting patterns.
"Visionary Philosopher", eh? I kinda like that.
Nope--I created a fictitious identity and they didn't accept it, so I'll just never know. Previous tests have given an IQ range of 150-160.
Bob
wrote:

fun.
applied
verbal
Bob Schmall wrote:

A fictitious identity worked for me although the first time I tried the email address I entered had already been used.