OT: Apple, tree..not falling far from...etc

It wold appear that Leon has taken a page from the Bush playbook, and has adopted the Plan Nine from Outer Space argument: "Can you prove it didn't happen?"
--
FF

Common sense keeps me out of trouble. I'll stick with what works. You can look the other way and wait for proof until it hits you right between the eyes.
message

We were NOT looking the other way. We were searching the country continuously. I never said that Saddam Hussein could be trusted or that he didn't deserve punishment. My objection is to the cost incurred by punishing him--destabilization and of civil war in Iraq, and 4,000 plus American dead, the squandering of military resources that could have been used to stabilize Afghanistan and to press the fight against al Queda.
But the invasion of Iraq did worse than divert resources, it also gave al Queda an opportunity to expand.
Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and Osama bin Laden were rivals who disagreed on at least one major point. Bin Laden wanted to attack 'the far enemy' (the US) first and thereby cut off support to 'the near enemy', secular Muslim governments. Al-Zarqawi wanted to attack the near enemy first.
So al-Zarqawi left Afghanistan and established himself in Iraqi Kurdistan where he was implicated in attacks against the regime of Saddam Hussein. After the US invasion in 2003, he declared his allegiance to bin Laden and began attack the foreign occupation forces. Al Queda in Iraq arose in response to the US invasion.
--
FF

.

And Sadam led the way to where we could look. We could not deviate.
I never said that Saddam Hussein could be trusted

All items mentioned above are relative.
The civil war was unfortunate, s_it happens in a war.
While expensive, the money spent in the last 5 years while in Iraq is marginally more that the money that would have been spent otherwise. Our military does not operate for free during all other times.
4000 troops dead very unfortunate and my heart goes out to those soldiers, their famlies and their friends. We will be forever endebted.. More American soldiers die year in other parts of the world disarming explosives. Because that is not the political hot bed subject few are aware of this fact. More Americans die each day in the United States.
message

Huh?
Yes, that's a damn good reason to avoid war, isn't it?

I'm very interested in how you came by this fact.

Would you apply that logic to the attacks of September 11, 2001?
--
FF

Anybody can make up a dozen explanations.
What _evidence_ do you have that he had resumed production-- ion spite of the fact that it made no sense to stockpile weapons with a shelf life measured in months?
--
FF

How did he return the restored factories to their former ruined bombed- out condition?
With the exception of mustard, Iraqi chemical weapons were short lived. It would make no sense to hide them or, and this is very important, to stockpile them in the first place. During the Iran-Iraq war Iraq moved its chemical weapons from the factory to the front and used them within a couple of weeks after manufacture.
Why stockpile weapons that will be ineffective when it comes time to use them?
If he had hidden weapons, why didn't he use them against us; was he saving them for the NEXT US invasion?
Some people claim he sent the Syria. I'll allow as Saddam Hussein was not the most brilliant military planner but I doubt even he would ship his most fearsome weapons out of his own reach on the eve on invasion.
--
FF