OT: Anybody got old square shaft PTO source/parts?

While OT, know several here have odd side interests, too... :)
Am putting an old piece of farm gear back into service for special purpose and salvaged the PTO shaft from a (very) old tractor-drawn sprayer.
It is old Blood Brothers of Michigan shaft; 1-3/8" 6-spline on the one end (which is good, what need) but a 1" round female drive on the other.
Is 1" sq shaft w/ the offending end on the larger sliding hollow square shaft. Ideal would be a replacement half of the u-joint w/ a 6-spline to simply replace the round altho I suspect there's no source for Blood Brothers repair parts any longer (at least I've not found any).
Second best would be a square complete u-drive to replace that end; no joy on the square drive.
I can find a 1" F round pump adapter to 6-spline; that requires another loose 1" shaft that would like to avoid if possible.
So, the question would be has anybody seen a 6-spline to MALE 1" rd adapter instead of female???
Just a wild chance perhaps somebody else here has been doing something peculiar... :)

You maybe better off posting in an antique tractor NG if you haven't already. Good luck.
Joe
On 7/13/11 9:24 AM, dpb wrote:

Maybe someone here could help: http://www.yesterdaystractors.com /

a male.
On 7/14/2011 8:39 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

From my OP'ing...
>> I can find a 1" F round pump adapter to 6-spline; that requires >> another loose 1" shaft that would like to avoid if possible.
On 7/13/11 9:24 AM, dpb wrote:

They do have some Blood Brothers stuff.
On 7/16/11 8:37 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Darn. I'm not even officially old and tired. Maybe this http://tinyurl.com/5t4yaj5 will be more helpful.
On 7/16/2011 8:47 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

I wondered about your previous link, that was funny. :-)
The hydraulics supplier link is very useful, lots of good info. Thanks for posting it.
TDD

Yes, I did find them...in perusing the catalog I've not found the precise part(+) that would be the cat's meow solution aforementioned but I'll call them Monday and talk to them and see what, if anything, they might have or other leads...they've been closest so far (other than the less-desirable alternative of the loose shaft in the pump adapter solution that I really would prefer to avoid.
(+)Thought for a minute was in high heaven as do have a section w/ the threaded plate covers for crosspiece retainers so if had the right yoke all would need would be to swap a 1-3/8 X 6-spline yoke for the 1" female round have. But, none listed have the right dimensions, anyway... :(
I'll see what it would be for a full joint; based on other pricing still quite a lot less than a full shaft assembly it appears should be possible.
Was in Wichita yesterday; stopped in several places on way to/from; no joy...all the newer square drives for these small tractors, etc., have gone to rectangular instead of square so found no 1-1/4" sq yokes to make up a new joint for that end.
Anyway, yes, thanks for the link; it's a good one for having.
Another old maintenance problem sprang up over the weekend, too...a controller for the old JLG manlift has gone south. They're available, but only as replacements from authorized JLG distributors and they're more proud of their orange paint than JD is of their green....these single board electronic controllers w/ the damped start/stop controls are otoo $600/each; I've had to replace a couple before. And, of course, they are potted w/ epoxy so there's no way can do anything to fix/repair them altho it's likely there's simply a bad cap or some similar failure inside... :(