OT Another bank password scam

Do you think they could have spelled a few more words wrong? Tony D. Dear_ Online-Citibank _Users_,

This letteer was _sent by_the_ citibank_ _server to veerify your_ EMAIL addres. You mmust ctpelmoe this pseocrs by clicking on the_link beloow and enttering in the litlle winndow your Citi-Bank _Atm full card number and Pin that you use on the local Atm. That is _done_ for-your portcetion -V- becouse some of our memebrs no lenogr have accses to their email addeessrs and we must verify it.

veerify _your_ _email_ _address_ and accees _your_ bank account, clic on _the link beloow.

GBL8TpZhktd4DOi

Reply to
Anthony Diodati

"Anthony Diodati" wrote in news:buh4c5$mn$ snipped-for-privacy@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com:

At least this one seemed to spell everything alright. The Korean URL gives it away even if nothing else does. I wonder how many people actually fall victim to these scams?

Dear U.S. Bank account holder, We regret to inform you, that we had to block your U.S. Bank accoun= t because we have been notified that your account may have been compro= mised by outside parties. Our terms and conditions you agreed to state that your account must= always be under your control or those you designate at all times.=

We have noticed some activity related to your account that indicates= that other parties may have access and or control of your information= in your account. These parties have in the past been involved with money laundering,= illegal drugs, terrorism and various Federal Title 18 violations. In order that you may=20 access your account we must verify your identity by clicking on the = link below. Please be aware that until we can verify your identity no further a= ccess to your account will be allowed and we will have no other liabil= ity for your account or any transactions that may have occurred as a result of yo= ur failure to reactivate your account as instructed below. Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

you reactivate your account, all payments have been frozen, = and you will not be able to use your account in any way until we have = verified your identity.

Reply to
Casey Stamper

I got this one, except for a different bank. What kinda bugged me, however, is that they got the name of my bank right. How'd they know that?

--randy

Reply to
Randy Chapman

They didn't know your bank - just happened that if they send a few million emails chances are they will hit someone who uses the bank. I get these all the time. Just ignore and NEVER respond to them.

BillyBob

Reply to
BillyBob

Here's the one I got:

Dear Citibank Account Holder,

On January 10th 2004 Citibank had to block some accounts in our system connected with money laundering, credit card fraud, terrorism and check fraud activity. The information in regards to those accounts has been passed to our correspondent banks, local, federal and international authorities.

Due to our extensive database operations some accounts may have been changed. We are asking our customers to check their checking and savings accounts if they are active or if their current balance is correct.

Citibank notifies all it's customers in cases of high fraud or criminal activity and asks you to check your account's balances. If you suspect or have found any fraud activity on your account please let us know by logging in at the link below.

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt