OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

Page 1 of 3
Just picked this up from a friend, and it's just too funny not to pass on.
2008 Democratic National Convention Schedule ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 7:00 P.M. Opening flag burning.
7:15 P.M. Pledge of Allegiance to the United Nations.
7:30 PM. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
7:30 - 8:00 P.M. Nonreligious prayer and worship: Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton.
8:00 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
8:05 P.M Ceremonial tree hugging.
8:15- 8:30 P.M. Gay Wedding: Barney Frank, presiding.
8:30 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
8:35 P.M. Free Saddam Rally: Cindy Sheehan, Susan Sarandon.
9:00 P.M. Keynote speech: "The Proper Etiquette for Surrender", French President Jacques Chirac.
9:15 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
9:20 P.M. Collection to benefit Osama Bin Laden Kidney Transplant Fund.
9:30 P.M. Unveiling of plan to free freedom fighters from Guantanamo Bay: Sean Penn.
9:40 P.M. Why I hate and avoided the Military: A short talk by William Jefferson Clinton.
9:45 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
9:50 P.M. Dan Rather receives "Truth in Broadcasting" award, presented by Michael Moore.
9:55 P.M., Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
10:00 P.M. Presentation: "How George Bush and Donald Rumsfeld brought down the World Trade Center Towers", by Howard Dean.
10:30 P.M. Nomination of Hillary Rodham Clinton for President by Mahmud Ahnadinejad.
11:00 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
11:05 P.M. Al Gore reinvents the Internet.
11:15 P.M. "Our Troops are War Criminals", presented by John Kerry.
11:30 P.M Coronation of Mrs. Hillary Rodham Clinton.
12:00 AM. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
12:05 A.M Bill asks Ted to drive Hillary home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can hardly wait!
[snip]
What pages did you copy that from? Oh wait. the pages are busy... sorry.
Don't move into a glass house, George.

Robo, This is definitely not new and not a Canadian thing. I don't think you guys would like Nancy, Teddy, John K., Harry from Nevada, how about Kaschunich (sp?) etc. But then, maybe you would (I wouldn't wish them on you, I'd rather give Canada the clap):). Regards, Hank

So, it's more important to you to pass on something you consider amusing to a bunch of people who may not, despite the fact that some of them, as fellow woodworkers, may have thought you a knowledgable fellow, with something worth sharing promised by your presence, than to exercise common prudence and leave such commonly understood volatile topics as religion and politics out of regular discourse among same.
That tells me all I need to know about your character. That knowledge about your character colors anything, however founded in knowledge, practice, or experience, you might have to offer about woodworking.
Yeah, I'm that judgemental. Hey, just like you!
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
LRod, I don't approve of OT messages, either (even if I agree with them). However, in George's defense, he did say it was "OT" in the title. Plus, I don't see you complining about the other OT's today. Do you just pick the ones you don't like?
LRod wrote:

On 4 Dec 2006 09:58:20 -0800, "Never Enough Money"

I wasn't complaining that it was an OT message. My complaint was that it fell into the category of taboo subjects as described in my response.
There are tons of what can reasonably be argued as legitimate off topic subjects in a special interest forum. Religion and politics are almost universally not included in them unless the groups are religious or political in the first place. There's a reason for it, and you'll be seeing several examples of it in this thread.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Clich: Many a truth has been disguised as humor.
Rule 1 of political discourse: If you disagree with someone's position, attack his logic!
Rule 2 of political discourse: If you can't attack his logic, attack his facts!
Rule 3 of political discourse: If you can't dispute his facts or find flaws in his logic, attack him and his character!
John Flatley Jacksonville, Florida
--

"LRod" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail-dot-.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
John Flatley wrote:

wah.
It was funny. Regardless if you are a repub or dem.
Not trying to stir up a storm or anything, (I won't post it here), but something similar can be viewed at;
http://www.rightwasright.us /
Note additional items at the bottom of the page.

Understand Ted has another place in the back seat for that ride home.
Love ya!

It *was* labeled "off topic."
George Max wrote:

AND "Apologies to those who disagree".
George wrote:

George wrote:

Funny I got this at the same time ;-)
2008 Republican National Convention Schedule ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 7:00 P.M. Opening constitution burning.
7:15 P.M. Pledge of Allegiance to Chevron.
7:30 PM. George W Bush proposes a toast.
7:30 - 8:00 P.M. Nonreligious prayer and worship: Rev Ted Haggard
8:00 P.M. George W Bush proposes a toast.
8:05 P.M Ceremonial oil spilling.
8:15- 8:30 P.M. Gay Wedding: Mark Foley, presiding.
8:30 P.M. George W Bush proposes a toast.
9:00 P.M. Keynote speech: "The Proper Etiquette for Defeat", Donald Rumsfeld
9:15 P.M. George W Bush proposes a toast.
9:20 P.M. Collection to benefit Terry Schiavo Brain Transplant Fund.
9:30 P.M. Unveiling of plan to spy on US Citizens: Alberto Gonzales.
9:40 P.M. Why I hate and avoided the Military: A short talk by George W Bush
9:45 P.M. George W Bush proposes a toast.
9:50 P.M. Fox News receives "Truth in Broadcasting" award, presented by Ann Coulter.
9:55 P.M., George W Bush proposes a toast.
10:00 P.M. Presentation: "How George Bush and Donald Rumsfeld brought down the World Trade Center Towers", by Howard Dean.
10:30 P.M. Nomination of Condoleeza Rice for President by the House of Saud
11:00 P.M. George W Bush proposes a toast.
11:05 P.M. Ted Stevens internet primer 'It's a Series of Tubes'
11:15 P.M. "Snapshots from Iraq", presented by Lyndie England.
11:30 P.M Coronation of Condoleeza Rice
12:00 AM. George W Bush proposes a toast.
12:05 A.M Hillary asks George to drive Bill home.
Hey, the list does not have the event we have all been waiting for since 2000. Al Gore showing off his "LOCK BOX" filled with what the Democrats are going to allow us for our retirement income.

Yep.
It is quite clever, though.
Fortunately we have a whole new set of promises every election to give us hope and make us forget the old positions and promises.
I about fell out of my chair laughing at that one. I still remember spewing coffee on this blast:
****************** Rob offers his apologies.
Messages 1 - 25 of 279 in topic - view as tree Newer From: Robatoy - view profile Date: Mon, Oct 2 2006 9:06 pm
Groups: rec.woodworking Not yet ratedRating: show options Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author
I am sorry. This may not have been the platform to point out that fuckwit Bush is the dirtiest/nastiest piece of shit to wander the face of the planet....but I digress.
Surely George's OT post with an embedded apology isn't as offensive to some as calling the President a fuckwit.... or the dirtiest/nastiest piece of shit to wander the earth.
Are you getting ready to blast us again for his OT? I am no fan of George, but surely he can put something up as benign as his post without a thinly veiled warning/threat being posted.
Aren't Canadians supposed to be a gentle, intelligent, thoughtful people? But I say too, blast away if you feel like it. It was marked OT. So many times the prevailing logic around here has just been "if you don't like it, don't read it."
Liked the glass house reference a lot though... got a good chuckle.
Robert
heh heh... he said fuckwit...

I think George is spending our retirement income liberating Iraq.
AHH I remember Hilary holding up the book that contained our national health insurance. What's she gonna hold when she runs for pres.???