OT: Al little

Page 2 of 4
On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 16:25:31 -0400, Eric wrote:

Sonny, if Usenet dies it will be because of young whippersnappers like you who think Microsoft invented it :-).

Microsoft didn't invent Usenet. They only provide many free tools for the masses to support it and make it work. They also tend to lead the masses in ideas most of the time.
Eric is correct. Usenet is dying very quickly due to nasty POS people that go out of their way to make it unpleasant for people to use it. Anybody with half an eye open here can see that quite easily unless they are too old...LOL
Do you have to be old to make bad guesses about people without any basis like an old fool?
I may be too old to cut the mustard but I can still lick the hell out of the jar.
------------------------------
"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message Sonny, if Usenet dies it will be because of young whippersnappers like you who think Microsoft invented it :-).
--------------- On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 16:25:31 -0400, Eric wrote: but then that would be top-posting and the cry-baby posting purists trolls, and the rest of the sheeple would have a shit-fit about it until Usenet is completely dead.

You just love playing the fool don't you? Very befitting.
"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 16:25:31 -0400, Eric wrote:

Sonny, if Usenet dies it will be because of young whippersnappers like you who think Microsoft invented it :-).
================== Sure if the old farts try hard enough they can drive everybody away with their tough words from afar.
You would think an old fart would have a few more manners online after so many years of real life training but then who knows who is really behind the many nicknames on a Usenet forum. They could all be the same person and then me.
--
Eric

You mean you are the only other real person out there?
On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 14:14:50 +1000, Gèorge Watson

--snip--
I plonked Eric several days ago after noting the pattern. <sigh>
-- The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer
"Larry Jaques" wrote

I did the same just now. Like a persistent, foul odor, he just would not leave.
"Lee Michaels" wrote:

Sorry bud, you too are another one. This isn't "pile on and let's do him". It is controlled reasoned group management. It is how Usenet operates.
Now, you.. (just for starters) can quit feeding any fire you think you see and do something about your own representation. Here is your new deSpammed "From".
NOT

That crap you are using is only going to get some network savvy pedant upset and may then just cost you a subscription. Astraweb do not "warn" they *can*. Period.
take a friendly hint. george
/chipped

Call me obsessed, Larry, I watch.. never "plonked" a poster yet... unless it is a spastic nutcase who is easily identified.
.an' mate, how does one communicate your level of savvy to the likes of Leon? Those well intended folk intent on topic but easily led..? :-/
.. it is a shit 'job' but someone has to take up the yoke, elsewise guys like you...?... leave :-( george
On 6/12/2011 2:19 AM, Georg Watson wrote:

When I set the hook George, was it painfu? You really ran with it. ;~)
"Leon" wrote in message wrote:

When I set the hook George, was it painfu? You really ran with it. ;~)
======= Can always rely on our master troll wannabe to give good entertainment using his best sock puppets.
mike

IF you had some new shtick it may just be entertaining, Gym Bob. As it is, you are again just tiring. The new Teranews account is no cover. Your AIOE "Eric" is shortlived. george

/ROTFL
george
On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 17:19:58 +1000, Georgè Watson

I believe it's a matter of paying attention, more attitude than skill.

What's the new buzzphrase? Ah, yes. Thank you for your service, George. (I mean it, though.)
-- The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer
On 6/12/2011 9:53 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

You've been a big help and done a wonderful job!
That works for my wife. ;~)
On 6/12/2011 11:20 AM, Leon wrote:

I don't think that is a new buss phrase, That was used way back when, when you were giving some one the boot, or they were retiring.
Maybe it is back in fashion.

I guess so. I can't remember having heard it until late 2010.
It's the new 'Have a Nice Day' of the little whatever-colored ribbon bumper sticker clan when talking with veterans.
It's entirely politically correct, too, don'tcha know?
-- The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer
On 6/12/2011 9:47 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

ABS Solutely~

/chipped
Granted "attitude" is a prerequisite in gaining any skill. Perhaps there is why I could not build a mortice and tenet to save myself. Give me a chainsaw however....

As said, I "fly by".. he is back on line, back in <r.w>. You guys know, so that job is done. You know how to identify his TN postings and I will fix that sock of his using AIOE, so... seeya george
On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 08:20:08 +1000, Georgè Watson

I build mortise and tenon joints, George. Maybe those would be easier for you in the future. Tenets are tough and take lots of thought. <giggle>
-- The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer