OT: Air Grease Gun Problem

Sorry that this is OT but any advice would be appreciated.
I have two air grease guns of different brands and have the same problem with both. They will operate fine for a while then stop. It takes a long time to get them going again, sometimes pulling the trigger 50 or more times. Thanks for any help. What am I doing wrong?
Glen Duff
your posting on a woodworking group.....