OT: Advertising

As inundated as we are with advertising (especially, for those of us that consume a decent amount of multi-media), I thought this was an interesting article. Depending on how many brands of power tools you know, you may perhaps find it (at least a little) interesting too--not necessarily surprising.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/08/why-good-advertising-works-even-when-you-think-it-doesnt/244252/
Bill
On 10/11/2013 8:34 AM, Bill wrote:

In particular, I think Ro***** is trying to cram F****** down my throat! There are others, but that's one.
On 10/11/2013 10:59 AM, Bill wrote:

Why don't they add: "Proudly made in Germany!"?! :)
Clearly, the retailer wishes the consumer to associate them with a brand name "synonymous with quality" rather than over-priced cheap stuff.
Anyone who doesn't believe it can just look at the price--as if that is evidence of value.