OT Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 15.x

Page 1 of 2
I am using this version to view files and I would imagine a majority of my customers may be doing so too.
I am having an issue with all of the documents that this program views, the contents are greyed out so to speak.
Is there a setting to make this look like normal?

Are you running it in protected view mode?
Edit/preferences/protected view
They have greatly enhanced their security features, I have mine set to protected view on startup only, just in case.
There is a help button at the bottom of the page that will show you what happens in that mode.
On 3/4/2016 11:31 AM, OFWW wrote:

Are you using the same version that I am? I don't see protected view under preferences.

Mine says AC Reader DC (15.010.20059) No updates available.
Edit/preferences Preferences is at the bottom of the option. (Ctrl-K)
Then I have selected Security (Enhanced) at the bottom of that screen are three options What is Protected View, What is Enhanced Security and What are privileged locations.
On 3/4/2016 4:23 PM, OFWW wrote:

Well now I am starting to feel kind'a dense. Same version but when I click on Edit/Preferences I get a ..... AH! Security is the in between step that I needed to click. You did not mention that and I often can't put 2 and 2 together.
But anyway, that did not fix it. Oddly colored files seem fine and if I zoom in on B&W drawings the lines get darker, they seem to go from grey to black.
On 3/4/2016 5:00 PM, Leon wrote:

Adobe Version 2015.010.20059
It is in Preferences Security (Enhanced) at the top of the page. There is a check box for Enable Protected Mode at Startup and the there is a check box to turn of the protected view.
On 3/4/2016 7:34 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

Found it but that did not good for me. I had to change a long time used setting in Sketchup to get black lines instead of grey lines in the latest Acrobat reader.

Glad to here it, I had a feeling and was going to ask if I could check the file here, which is why I logged on. Anywho, glad you have it all sorted out.
On 3/7/2016 1:41 AM, OFWW wrote:

Thanks anyway for the suggestions.
On 04/03/2016 9:09 AM, Leon wrote:

I have the following, which is good for creating, viewing and editing but there's a wrinkle with printing that I haven't yet sorted out.
http://www.pdfforge.org/
Graham
On 3/4/2016 2:03 PM, graham wrote:

What is the wrinkle in printing?
I have been using PDFCreator for years maybe I can help.
On 04/03/2016 1:02 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

I'm not sure but I tried printing a pdf the other day and the paper was blank. I haven't searched the settings yet to see what I was doing wrong. The pdf was of something I generated.
On 3/4/2016 3:49 PM, graham wrote:

The thing that I do to cause something like that is highlight a couple of characters, when I print I print those highlighted characters not the document.
There is another way a blank document can be created. If for some reason if there is an error when the text is formatted to be placed into the PDF document, the document can be created without the text.
Lastly I have been know to print a couple of blank pages before what I want to print is printed. When I scroll down my intended document is there just not on the first page.
On 04/03/2016 2:12 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

Thanks!! I'll watch out for the that last point! Graham

I had similar problems, it really ticked me off, Readers security is not allowing certain programs to write pdf's that it can read. MS Office being one of them. I haven't yet gone to MS to see why, it is supposed to be an open format.
On 3/4/2016 2:49 PM, graham wrote:

;~) then you might want to try BullZip for creating PDF files. I have been using this program for 10+ years with never an issue.
On 3/4/2016 1:03 PM, graham wrote:

The problem with that program is that my customers may not have it, most use Acrobat.
On 04/03/2016 2:56 PM, Leon wrote:

The program produces PDFs so Acrobat will read them. Graham
On 3/4/2016 7:51 PM, graham wrote:

I have a program for producing PDF,s, that was not the issue. Acrobat has become touchy. I had to tweak a print setting in Sketchup that always worked fine in the past. It was the quality of what the new Acrobat was displaying that was the issue.

It *is* a PDF writer, and a very good one. I've used it for over a decade. Indeed, it's much better than Acrobat Writer (which I'm forced to use at work).