OT: A reminder to constantly be on guard.

This morning I took off on my daily walk with our Great Dane, Moca. My wife usually walks with us but is sick in bed with allergies.
We walked to the corner and turned to exit the subdivision and were ready to turn again when I heard a vehicle approaching us from behind. As I turned around to assess the situation I thought I recognized the vehicle as being one of our friends that lives on the opposite end of our street. I noticed the passenger side front window rolling down and the driver called out to me. "Hey little boy, want a piece of candy"? With out thinking I immediately approached the vehicle with a vision of the delight to come. I was about four feet from the vehicle when a light bulb came on in my head and I immediately thought and called out, Stranger Danger.
I thought I would have a heart attack I was laughing so hard.
Be careful out there, statistics indicate that the perpetrator is usually some one you know.
Thank you for the laugh Paula.
FWIW she had no candy.
On 11/15/2013 11:54 AM, Leon wrote:

If I want candy, I'll just call my mayor, sure he can hook me up. :-)
--
Froz...

On 11/15/2013 11:20 AM, FrozenNorth wrote:

Do you live in Toronto? :~)
On 11/15/2013 1:43 PM, Leon wrote:

Yes.
--
Froz...

On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 12:20:58 -0500, FrozenNorth

Yup, he's my mayor (unfortunately) too. Although, I'm not sure if the boys down in Texas get the comedy channel on their TVs.

We do get a comedy channel but the regular news about your mayor is funny enough. ;~)
You now, one day when "crack" is legalized it will be in bad taste to make jokes about a mayor that smokes crack, and he will be awarded a trophy for doing so even if he does not inhale. LOL

SHE doesn't need candy. ;-)