OT - A Good Day

I do that a lot... It took my years to find that one person that respects my opinion and enjoys listening to me..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Fri, Aug 3, 2007, 11:29pm snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Timothy=A0Drouillard) doth sayeth: If you like dirt track oval racing at all, they have something at the local track that I've seen a couple of times.

They paved the local dirt track years back. But I don't think it took a thing a way from it doing that. No more dust, so I suppose you could say it added something.

Figure eight racing never appealed to me. Just accidents waiting to happen. The only thing along those lines I like is a destruction derby - kinda stoopid, but fun anyway.

If you want some fun, go to a mud bog.

J T

We have a quarter midget dirt track just outside of Springfield, MA. A few years back, I went to watch a co-worker race there. I got a huge kick out three ladies in their 70's, who sat in front of me in the stands, donning safety goggles before the race started!

I've only seen it on TV, but as a Jeep owner, it looks like a fun way to spend a summer afternoon! I get a kick out of the water at hood level.

**
**

B A R R Y

Sat, Aug 4, 2007, 11:24pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (B=A0A=A0R=A0R=A0Y) doth sayeth: I've only seen it on TV, but as a Jeep owner, it looks like a fun way to spend a summer afternoon! I get a kick out of the water at hood level.

It's one of those things you've got to see live to really appreciate. Nothing quite like watching a guy blow a $1500 engine, trying to go one more inch, hoping to wing a $300 first prize. LOL And, nothing as enjoyable as sitting in the bleachers, watching a groupe of firt-time spectators on the other side of the pit, getting close, for a "good view", then getting drenched with mud by the next contestant. And, then watching a new group some by a few mintes later, and doiing the exact same thing. LMAO Good clean fun all around.

J T

Sat, Aug 4, 2007, 11:24pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (B=A0A=A0R=A0R=A0Y) doth sayeth: I've only seen it on TV, but as a Jeep owner, it looks like a fun way to spend a summer afternoon! I get a kick out of the water at hood level.

Almost forgot. Was at one where they had a couple of alcholol buring mchines, not cometing, just making some demo runs. They used large "paddle" tires on the back, had so much power, and were so fast, they'd just kinda skip across the much, rather than going thru it.

Well, someone one of them got crossed up in the pit about half way thru, and wound up sideways, unable to move. So he jfloored it. And proceeded to put two huge streams of mud over the announcer's stand and the dozen or so people on it for the next few seconds. Like I said, this is one of those sports you've got to be there in person to really appreciate..

J T

"J T" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3336.bay.webtv.net... Sat, Aug 4, 2007, 11:24pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (B A R R Y) doth sayeth: I've only seen it on TV, but as a Jeep owner, it looks like a fun way to spend a summer afternoon! I get a kick out of the water at hood level.

It's one of those things you've got to see live to really appreciate. Nothing quite like watching a guy blow a $1500 engine, trying to go one more inch, hoping to wing a $300 first prize. LOL And, nothing as enjoyable as sitting in the bleachers, watching a groupe of firt-time spectators on the other side of the pit, getting close, for a "good view", then getting drenched with mud by the next contestant. And, then watching a new group some by a few mintes later, and doiing the exact same thing. LMAO Good clean fun all around.

Well, maybe not 'clean' fun. (grin)

Timothy Drouillard

Sounds like fun!

A guy that lives near me sold the inherited family farm to developers and "retired" in his 30's. His new gig is the professional pulling circuit, and he's got one of those paddle tired things with (4) dragster engines on it. I couldn't believe it the first time I saw it in action.

I would not want to stand behind it.

**
**

B A R R Y

Sun, Aug 5, 2007, 5:51pm snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (B=A0A=A0R=A0R=A0Y) doth sayeth: Sounds like fun! A guy that lives near me sold the inherited family farm to developers and "retired" in his 30's. =A0 His new gig is the professional pulling circuit, and he's got one of those paddle tired things with (4) dragster engines on it. I couldn't believe it the first time I saw it in action. I would not want to stand behind it.

I thought the idea of mud bogs were stupid, until I saw my first one. They may be stupid, but a whole lot of fun too. I'm a fan.

I thought tractor pulls were stupid, until I saw my first one. Now I know they're stupid, and boring to boot. If I never see another tractor pull, I'll be happy.

J T