OT: A couple of articles by Rex Murphy.

Page 3 of 3

"Leon" wrote

Just cook your meat over a fire. That will convert any kind of critter to digestible protein.

Nah. Everything I eat is processed. NOTHING can survive past that. ;)
Show me a worm in a Banquet chicken fried beef steak meal, sir. I dare ya!
The risk is a bit (40 times!) lower now than when I started avoiding pork, though. http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/trichinellosis/epi.html The U.S. showed 400 cases per year then v. 11 now.
I cook all fish thoroughly, too.
-- One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love. -- Sophocles

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU Heathen!!!!!!!
On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:10:36 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

You can sushi yourself all the way to the hospital, pard. Not I!
-- Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable, when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities. -- Susan Rice

I had a sushi bar across the street from the office at CBC Toronto (on Church) and ate there at least 3-4 times a week for a cpl of years. You stand a WAY better chance of getting sick from a burger.
On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 21:20:07 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

I have a burger every couple years, I think, but I don't buy the ammoniated hamburger-like pink substance, thankyouverymuch.
-- Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable, when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities. -- Susan Rice
"Robatoy" wrote:

You stand a WAY better chance of getting sick from a burger. ----------------------------------- I came by my dislike for turkey honestly.
My mother made it to 103 and refused to eat the stuff.
"Turr-KEE", pronounced with a sneer across her lips, I NEVER get hungry enough to eat "Turr-KEE".
OTOH, pork steaks with sauer kraut and crispy chicken skin were another matter.
All those years on the farm growing up as a kid, formed her.
Lew

My ex's grandmother smoked continuously, drank a liter of home-made pear brandy every cpl of days and her entire diet was pork-centred. Sausages she made, smoked, 25+% salt, pork, pork, pork... her delicacy was pork fat cubes, deep-fried, I kid thee not. She lived to the ripe old age of 27. No, seriously, she was 88 when she succumbed to her injuries from a bad fall.
On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 05:37:08 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

All together now, guys and girls: Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

My great-grandmother on Dad's side lived to be 99 and 50 weeks. She died on the operating table from a broken hip. His father was 97 and had still been sexually active to age 90. Mom's mom lived to 98 after sucking down HelL.A. smog all her life. She exercised into her last year, and went up stairs to her 2nd floor apartment until age 95. My uncle is in his 90s. Dad died at age 86.
They all ate pork, too. Worms and all. ;)
-- Win first, Fight later.
--martial principle of the Samurai
On 7/19/2011 4:38 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Burf! Processing, the down fall of our health in the USA.

Have you ever noticed how TV dinners glow in the dark? ;;~)

I was kidding, already!
-- Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable, when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities. -- Susan Rice
On 7/19/2011 4:38 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

What about your fresh oysters on the half shell? ;~)

I've heard it tastes just like p*ssy. In that case, gimme p*ssy any day/all night!
-- Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable, when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities. -- Susan Rice

One of the granola-cruncher stores here (Earth Fare) sells bison burgers. They're very lean and otherwise quite like cow.
On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 05:11:51 -0700, Larry Jaques

venison - more like beef. Some people like venison better than beef, so they might not like moose.