OT: A couple of articles by Rex Murphy.

Larry Jaques wrote the following:

You can tell where you are on the New Jersey Turnpike from New York to Delaware just by the different smells along the route.

Reply to
willshak

OR Tacoria Chiwawa. Yeee Hawwwwwwww!

Started eating cherisos sausage in my scrambled eggs. Tastes remarkably like those breakfast taco's in Giddings.

Reply to
Leon

Burf! Processing, the down fall of our health in the USA.

Have you ever noticed how TV dinners glow in the dark? ;;~)

Reply to
Leon

What about your fresh oysters on the half shell? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 14:26:51 -0700, Larry Jaques

Larry, what happened when you drove past the sheep farm? ;-)

Reply to
Nova

I didn't, Yack. I stopped there.

-- Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable, when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities. -- Susan Rice

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You can sushi yourself all the way to the hospital, pard. Not I!

-- Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable, when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities. -- Susan Rice

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I was kidding, already!

-- Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable, when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities. -- Susan Rice

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I've heard it tastes just like p*ssy. In that case, gimme p*ssy any day/all night!

-- Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable, when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities. -- Susan Rice

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I had a sushi bar across the street from the office at CBC Toronto (on Church) and ate there at least 3-4 times a week for a cpl of years. You stand a WAY better chance of getting sick from a burger.

Reply to
Robatoy

I have a burger every couple years, I think, but I don't buy the ammoniated hamburger-like pink substance, thankyouverymuch.

-- Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable, when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities. -- Susan Rice

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Church) and ate there at least 3-4 times a week for a cpl of years. You stand a WAY better chance of getting sick from a burger.

----------------------------------- I came by my dislike for turkey honestly.

My mother made it to 103 and refused to eat the stuff.

"Turr-KEE", pronounced with a sneer across her lips, I NEVER get hungry enough to eat "Turr-KEE".

OTOH, pork steaks with sauer kraut and crispy chicken skin were another matter.

All those years on the farm growing up as a kid, formed her.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

My ex's grandmother smoked continuously, drank a liter of home-made pear brandy every cpl of days and her entire diet was pork-centred. Sausages she made, smoked, 25+% salt, pork, pork, pork... her delicacy was pork fat cubes, deep-fried, I kid thee not. She lived to the ripe old age of 27. No, seriously, she was 88 when she succumbed to her injuries from a bad fall.

Reply to
Robatoy

All together now, guys and girls: Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

My great-grandmother on Dad's side lived to be 99 and 50 weeks. She died on the operating table from a broken hip. His father was 97 and had still been sexually active to age 90. Mom's mom lived to 98 after sucking down HelL.A. smog all her life. She exercised into her last year, and went up stairs to her 2nd floor apartment until age 95. My uncle is in his 90s. Dad died at age 86.

They all ate pork, too. Worms and all. ;)

-- Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai

Reply to
Larry Jaques

We all know people who have reams of paper from work in their home office, boxes of pens, etc, or those with work vehicles who drive them all over for personal use.

The fact that many see nothing wrong with the above or that it's somehow "owed" to them by their employer, is part of what's wrong with the world.

How many Hail Mary's do you need to say?

Are any beads involved?

Reply to
Eric