OT a bit - Searching for old posts to the WRECK

Is there away to search through a historical database of the WRECK posts? If so, how do you do it?
thanks pops
On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 13:03:25 +0000, Pops wrote:

http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8
Doug
Worked like champ. I found EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thanks!!!
Didn't even know this capability existed. It is now saved in my favorites.
pops

Pops wrote:

It's even cooler if you're a Linux user, which you're not of course, but maybe once you know a thing exists you can figure out how to get it for Windows.
If I want to google for something, the fastest way is to hit alt-F2, which pops up a "run" box (same thing in Windows I think) and then I type little shortcuts like this:
gg:hand plane history <-- search www.google.com for "hand plane history" dj:rabbet planes <-- search www.google.com/groups for "rabbet planes"
It comes with tons of these things by default, but I never use any of the others, and don't know what they are right off.
I can just see it now. JOAT is about to step in and ask me why I don't ever search for things before asking stupid questions... :)

As Doug said try Google...or do as I did and download the free basic Copernic program which searches with a dozen different engines... Been tempted to spring for the two much more comprehensive Copernic programs but am too cheap to spend the money...
Bob Griffiths