OT - $4/gal Gas Threshold Crossed - Dam Breaking

Page 5 of 5
On May 29, 12:01am, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

...and *I* have to learn NOT TO PUT FERTILISER on my lawn!!!!!!!! WTF is next? A sprinkler system?? Would I be THAT stupid?
"Puckdropper" wrote:

Goats.
They will even keep the shrubs under control.
Better than sheep with less residue.
Lew

Residue? Do you mean manure?... AKA- fertilizer? Sheep manure is the best fertilize on earth (tied with rabbit poop) but it makes grass grow very fast.
Goats taste good on a barbeque, but they prefer rough forage (the shrubs, trees, vines, flowers, etc)... not very good for mowing grass. Buy short-legged cows to keep grass in check. Shetland ponies are fairly good grass eaters too (and they will pull a home shop built wooden hay wagon, a traction driven sickel bar mower, hay rake, etc.)... but not good to eat, unless you like tough dog food.
Axel
On Thu, 29 May 2008 04:21:21 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"

Good idea Lew. Can't wait to see the look on the faces of the board members of the Homeowners Assocication when I tether that goat in my front yard. That'll give em something to fret about.
Frank
On 29 May 2008 04:01:37 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

I borrowed a friend's bigger chainsaw when I was putting in fence posts. About 600 fence posts that I was putting points on before hammering them in to the ground. My little Craftsman/Poulan with a 16" blade and a small engine got a lot better hours per gallon than his bigger saw. I keep wanting to replace the saw but it is so cheap to run and it refuses to break. Stupid 25 year old saw.
I bought a 5' used Befco finish mower for behind my John Deere 870. It mowed fast but made an awful racket. I took it apart to figure where all the noise was from. Worn bearings cracked deck, loose sheet metal and some broken welds on the blade shield sheet metal. It may take me weeks to finish welding, patching and replacing bearings but it should be quieter when I am done. I guess since I paid a third of new and I do not pay myself any wages for hours of cleanup and welding time, parts at $200 I am ahead? I really undervalue my free time labor as rebuilding a mower deck is really not fun. It might be more fun if I had bought a 60 gallon air compressor instead of 20 gallon compressor. Sandblasting when you have 2 minutes of good air is pretty slow.
On 29 May 2008 04:01:37 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Goats!
Charlie,
Arizona is right behind you.
I remember the first time I paid $2.00 a gallon was in Beverly Hills, CA. . Jill and I were looking for a museum and got lost. We stopped at a little gas station and while I was pumping my gas a Bentley pulled up and a very attractive gal got out to fill her tank. She was wearing a see thru gauze top with no bra. I'm lucky I didn't spill my gas all over. I think I did drool on my shirt. Jill just sat in the car laughing at me.
Take care,
cm