Oscillating Spindle sanders

Page 2 of 2

I second the suggestion to get the Grizzly with the disk sander. The disk sander is great for outside radius sanding where as the spindle sander works best on inside radius sanding. As far as HP though, the extra HP is certainly needed for the disk sander as the leverage that is exerted against the motor at the edge of the disk is considerable. My Jet spindle sander has a 3" spindle also and I do not recall having ever stalled the motor.