Oscillating Drill Presses

I asked the question earlier in a post about how the Shop Fox oscillating drill presses operated - I found my answer in their manual that is available as a PDF download at: http://www.woodstockinternational.com/w1667_1668
I also picked up my Shop Fox 15" planer, W1742, on Friday that I am putting together. I checked out the manual for the Powermatic Model 15 planer and find the manual parts brake down the same. What do you get in a Powermatic that justifies almost double the price other than a name? Bill