Orphan posts

Wondering if there is some new M$ newsreader out there that won't tie posts into the original thread so they can be viewed together. Just checking the first couple of dozen in today's crop there are 15 Re: that have to be back searched to make any sense, and only 9 that are ordinary posts. Seems a pity to waste good replies by not aggregating all the information. Too many folks won't bother with an orphan reply because it is too time consuming to hunt down the original post.
Joe
Joe Bobst wrote:

I believe this is due to the "new and improved" version of Google Groups. Apparently, Google does not include a "references" header when one of their users replies to a message.
--
-- Steve

That's not true, here is a link http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/msg/4376d0b10e538247?dmode=source to a recent post of mine sent via Google Groups and the references header is definitely in there.

The problem is showing up with xNews as well.
Patriarch

I use outlook express and under "view" - "current view" I select "group messages by conversation". All replies get put with the thread that they are replying to. They even stay with the thread when a poster changes the subject.
Frank
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comtosspam says...

Dunno' about MS, but I downloaded Gravity (for free) many years ago. Does threads and more. Do a Google.

On 31 Dec 2004 15:12:57 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comtosspam (Joe Bobst) wrote:

MS eats OT: and replaces it with re:, so if your newsreader is threading on subject rather than thread ID you will get those. MS also has been poor on normal threading as well, but I thought they had fixed that.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com