Ordered a jointer

Was about to order a Grizzly 1182Z jointer, then read a review of 6" jointers, the Grizzly scored "Poor" in fit and finish. Then others posted links to a couple of other low $$$ jointers worth looking at. I ordered the Yorkcraft 6" jointer from Wilke's for $299 on sale with their half price shipping (~800+ miles for $40). I chose the Yorkcraft (Delta 37-195 (scored high on the review) with Yorkcraft name) because of the larger fence, ~4-3/4" X 35". If I find I need to, I'll add some table extensions at a later time. Total damages are $339 delivered for the equivalent of a Delta

37-195 6" Jointer.

I didn't get any comments on the Grizzly G0555 "Ultimate 14" Bandsaw" so I figure on ordering one of those early in the week.

Reply to
RogerN

Report back to the newsgroup on the jointer once you've received it and given it a test run. I'm currently trying to decide between the Yorkcraft and Sunhill myself. I notice the Yorkcraft cutterhead speed is a little faster, and I do like that fence.

Thanks and congratulations on a fine purchase!

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

I like my Yorkcraft a lot - I'd buy it again in an instant.

JK

Brian wrote:

Reply to
James T. Kirby

I got the 6" Delta jointer and I'm very satisfied with it so far.

Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Martin

(snip...)

I've got the Sunhill with the long 52" bed. Nice jointer; I've been very pleased with it.

Cheers.

Reply to
Nate Perkins