Orbital Sander V Belt Sander

I have both of these tools and can see some advantages and disadvantages to each tool - I would just like some other input into the uses of these tools -- i.e.

would you use belt sander to 'rough out' sanding and use the orbital to do the final 'fine' sanding -- and so forth

any suggestions welcome

Boc

Sydney Australia

Reply to
Ozboc

Thanks Jg - My only real problem with an Orbital sander is swirl marks ---- ( only when using rough paper )

Boc

Reply to
Ozboc

Sometimes its handy in the first stage of levelling out panel glue-ups in the absence of a bigger drum sanding machine. Ok to round sharp edges roughly for outdoor projects as well. It has its uses, but I find I use my ROS more.

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

50 woodworking product reviews online!

- Ryobi EMS1830SCL 12" SCMS

- Bessey K-Body Clamps

- Lumber Wizard Metal Detector