Orange Blossom Special - Vassar Clements

I was listening to this t

Reply to
Tom Watson

Mine's a J Cash LP.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Lyrics written by Ervin T. Rouse.About 1938.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do

: >"Tom Watson" wrote: : >

: >>I was listening to this t : >

: >Mine's a J Cash LP. : >

: >Lew : >

: Lyrics written by Ervin T. Rouse.About 1938. : ** Posted from

**

Always thought Leon "Pappy" Self authored Orange Blossom Special. Saw him perform it one night at a Houston barbeque joint over on Kirby Drive. Here's a long story that explores the various "origins" of the tune:

in Houston

Reply to
NuWave Dave

"NuWave Dave" wrote

Leon was as full of BS as a Christmas turkey. Goode Company ... you shoulda waved!

Reply to
Swingman

LP... Is that a new file format? ;D

Reply to
Woodie

Loudest band I ever heard (sitting directly in front of the speakers in the front row at the old Jonathan Swift's in Harvard Square.) Wow did he have that fiddle cranked!

Just to tie two completely unrelated and off-topic threads together, I was listening to Taj Mahal's version of "Six Days on the Road" yesterday in my car...

Reply to
John Santos

I like Mark O'Conner's version. Of course I'm a huge, biased Mark O'Conner fan.

For a real treat, check out Mark O'Conner's "Heroes" album, featuring Clements, Jean Luc Ponty, Kenny Baker, Charlie Daniels, Johnny Gimble, Stephane Grappelli, Pinchas Zuckerman, Byron Berline, Buddy Spicher, Doug Kershaw, and others. He duets with each of them, and in my opinion, leaves no doubt as to who's the best fiddler ever.

Reply to
LRod