Orange Blossom Special - Vassar Clements

I was listening to this t
"Tom Watson" wrote:

Mine's a J Cash LP.
Lew
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 02:17:56 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"

<clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada> wrote in message wrote: : : > : >"Tom Watson" wrote: : > : >>I was listening to this t : > : >Mine's a J Cash LP. : > : >Lew : > : Lyrics written by Ervin T. Rouse.About 1938. :
Always thought Leon "Pappy" Self authored Orange Blossom Special. Saw him perform it one night at a Houston barbeque joint over on Kirby Drive. Here's a long story that explores the various "origins" of the tune: http://www.lostmag.com/issue23/fiddler.php
Dave in Houston
"NuWave Dave" wrote

Leon was as full of BS as a Christmas turkey. Goode Company ... you shoulda waved!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08
Lew Hodgett wrote:

LP... Is that a new file format? ;D
In article <0bbc3b87-041b-40a2-a2ee-

Loudest band I ever heard (sitting directly in front of the speakers in the front row at the old Jonathan Swift's in Harvard Square.) Wow did he have that fiddle cranked!
Just to tie two completely unrelated and off-topic threads together, I was listening to Taj Mahal's version of "Six Days on the Road" yesterday in my car...
--
John

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:45:56 -0700 (PDT), Tom Watson

I like Mark O'Conner's version. Of course I'm a huge, biased Mark O'Conner fan.
For a real treat, check out Mark O'Conner's "Heroes" album, featuring Clements, Jean Luc Ponty, Kenny Baker, Charlie Daniels, Johnny Gimble, Stephane Grappelli, Pinchas Zuckerman, Byron Berline, Buddy Spicher, Doug Kershaw, and others. He duets with each of them, and in my opinion, leaves no doubt as to who's the best fiddler ever.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite