Opinions sought on Hitachi 18V cordless tools

I'm looking to take advantage of Amazon's $50 off on $250 or more by picking up an 18V cordless tool kit. I'm most interested in a drill, circ. saw and recip. saw. Hitachi's kit at $299 appeals to me but I was wondering about the durability, power and overall quality of these tools. The Makita, Milwaukee, DeWalt, PC and Bosch kits are all quite a bit more expensive or include tools that I'm not interested in. I've been happy with my Hitachi router but was looking for opinions of those who have used the cordless tools. I will be using them for medium/heavy duty home improvement and occasional contracting jobs. TIA.
Dale