Opinions on Ridgid Planer

I know the Emerson electric version of the Ridgid planer did well in reviews, but how about the Ryobi version? Is it a comparable unit or is it getting by on the rep of the emerson version? Any opinions?? Thanks.
Don't know about the Ryobi verson - I got the Emmerson for $297 at HD - it's really nice - I'd recommend it.
Nick B

reviews,
by