Opinions- Grizzly G0444Z vs. Ridgid TS3650

I was all set on ordering the Grizzly contractor saw until the other day when I went through the tool corral at the local HD and saw the Ridgid tools on sale. I ordered a 6" jointer and saw that the Ridgid contractor saw was marked down from $597 to $547. Also, I'm supposed to receive a $50 gift card with the purchase of the jointer and if I buy the saw I'm supposed to receive a $100 gift card. So if I go ahead and get the Ridgid saw I'm looking to spend under $500 if you take the gift cards into account. The Grizzly lists for $525 + $75 shipping plus $70 for a mobile base, the Ridgid has wheels built into the base. So it would be $670 for the Grizzly. They appear to be somewhat comparable saws with the main difference I can see being the Grizzly is rated at 2 HP and the Ridgid 1 1/2 HP. I will mostly be working with 6/4 or thinner hardwoods and sheet goods so I'm not ultra-concerned about the 1/2 hp. I'm upgrading from a DeWalt 744 bench top saw. I've read a lot about people who are happy with their Grizzly saws and I was hoping to get some feedback from Ridgid owners. I've also read on this board that Grizzly has had some of their saws on backorder. Anyone ordered the G0444Z recently? How long did you have to wait? Thanks.

Dale

Reply to
Dale

In past discussions here and other places, the arguments have been:

- They are both good saws

- The Grizzly may require you to do some special wiring in your shop.

- Ridgid has been sketchy on getting parts to customers.

- At the price the Ridgid is a great deal

- I really like Grizzly tools and I hate buying from the BORG.

- Ridgid comes with a 90-day money back guarantee. If you are unhappy, all that you have lost is your back (270 lbs), a couple hours of assembly, and whatever project you were unhappy with.

I have taken the bait and bought the Ridgid. Unfortunately I have spent too much time today landscaping when I should be playing with new tools.

Mike

Dale wrote:

Reply to
Mike Gerdts

On 14 Aug 2004 15:19:01 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Dale) calmly ranted:

The longest wait should be 4-6 weeks IF they don't have anything already on a ship. They told me that my bandsaw was backordered when I called on a Friday. Oak Harbor Freight (the trucking company for my area) called me the very next Monday asking when they could deliver it. So their li'l backorders can be a lot shorter than you might think.

longer God makes us live. * Graphic Design - Humorous T-shirts

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I took the Rigid back after screwing around with the truninons for a couple of hours. Top was not flat either.

Reply to
Markndawoods