Opinions - Dust Collection Unit

I need another dust collector. Anyone know what brand this is and is the price a good deal. Do you have any knowledge of this brand/model having any issues/problems?

I could call and ask about it, but I'd like a little info, as ammo, before contacting the seller.

Thanks. Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Looks like a Grizzey from the color but the top filter unit appears to be too small for the unit. I have a Jet collector and the pleated filter sets on the top of the rim vs. down inside.

Also he has added a long extension cord for remote control, most have an IR type remote.

I would be most concerned about the canister filter making a good seal. I would want to see a detailed picture of how that union is made.

Other than that the price does not seem bad.

Reply to
Leon

I did some more Googling and discovered the collector is Central Machinery, from Harbor Freight, about $200.

The Wynn filter is separate, has good reviews and cost about $177.

I may offer $250 and see what happens.

LumberJocks forum mentions some seal (of the Wynn filter?) not fitting securely on canister of a Delta Collector. I need to go reread that posting, those postings.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny