Opinions about Delta 26-206 bandsaw

I am thinking of buying this bandsaw and would like to hear from anyone that has it or had it. What did you like/dislike? How is the resaw capability. How often do you resaw a board that is over 6"? What type of blades and guides do you have? How much vibration is there and are you using a mobile base?
Thanks.
Dave said:

Don't know of a 26-206, but there is a 28-206. I picked one up _really_ cheap a couple of years ago.
The Chinese motor is not very good. It rumbles and has little power. It has a standard mounting frame, so it can be replaced with a real motor when it (thankfully) burns up. Smells like fish when running.
I have a riser kit on it, but resawing boards that wide with 3/4 HP is problematic. Steady and carefully will accomplish the task, but it's no picnic.
The quick release is cool, as is the 4" dust collector, but it is still advisable to install a lower wheel brush.
All aftermarket Delta parts fit this saw as well as the American built cousin - guides, riser kit, tires, bearings, etc.
There is a page on my web site that details some of the things you should watch for:
http://www.thevideodoc.com/pwoodw3.htm
Greg G.
Ooppsss...typo...you are right, the model numder is 28-206. The Delta site states it has a 1 HP motor but is seems like your's has a 3/4 HP motor, which could be the 28-276. I will check out the link you gave.
"Greg G." wrote:

I looked at the site you listed. It has some great things to keep in mind in case I get the saw.
"Greg G." wrote:

Dave said:

Both models are the same physical bandsaw, only with different cabinet/stand and motor/pulley. Both come with Chinese motors, and both have standard NEMA mounts.
And it's not THE site, it's MY site... <g>
Good Luck

Greg G.