Opinions?

Will only be used for light work. The price looks too good to believe.

Mike M

sucked. Home Depot's site/power tools/porter cable. Porter Cable Three Nailer/compressor Combo Kit

Model CFNBNS

Price: $299.00/bx

Reply to
Mike M

Good tools, decent price. I bought that same kit about a year and a half ago. Works just great. And that compressor's big enough to operate a framing nailer, too, if you ever want to do that.

Reply to
Doug Miller

> That sucked. Home Depot's site/power tools/porter cable.

PC nailers are not terribly expensive anyway so that is believable. For only $129 more you can get "5" nailers and a compressor. Model CFNBNS-UP

AND Free shipping on both sets. Sounds like a good place to start.

Reply to
Leon

Thanks, Doug.

Reply to
Mike M

>>> That sucked. Home Depot's site/power tools/porter cable.

Reply to
Mike M

Same deal at Amazon, if that makes any difference... Andy

Reply to
Andy

I have two PC nailers and am happy with them. Before you buy think about what else you might want to use the compressor for. That little one is not going to run an impact gun, sander or an HVLP sprayer but a bigger one can't be moved easily.

Check around on the prices and look for sales.

a few

If you just put PC and the model number in the search box of google you will find plenty of places selling the nailers.

Reply to
RayV

light duty, and it has been excellent. I bought a 15 Ga. Porter Cable two years ago, because I wanted to leave the FN250B set up for shorter nails (got tired of switching the nail guide).

Of course with the brad nailer in the kit, that might not be an issue for you.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

I keep being tempted by this package, but haven't given in yet. Is that compressor powerful enough to run one framing nailer? (Completely new to buying air tools.)

Reply to
Drew Lawson

snipped-for-privacy@furrfu.com (Drew Lawson) wrote in news:f0l52g$k5k$ snipped-for-privacy@home.ecynic.com:

Yes.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

I have a PC nailer and used to put up over 500 feet of 4-layered crown molding. Never had a jamb. A 25 gallon compressor may have been overkill for this job, but that's what I have. Be careful with RIDGID tools, you may be throwing your money away in the long run. I never regret paying more for a quality tool.

Reply to
SWDeveloper

Most definately. When I need portability, I can fill up a 5-gallon tank ($20 at WalMart) and bring that to the work site. That's enough to drive a couple dozen nails. Nailers need very little capacity. I would not buy a small-tank compressor, though your needs may be different.

Reply to
SWDeveloper

Low end -- daydreaming and Norm wanabe projects. I'm still messing with cheap plywood. At least I will be soon, now that the garage is back above freezing.

But I also have a basement room to finish and being able to use a nailer will justify the purchase when the time comes.

Reply to
Drew Lawson

Too late. I picked it up this morning. The guns aren't as cheaply made as I thought. Shot the cat twice with the finish nailer. Didn't leave a mark. Now to test the pinner. Where is that goddamned cat!?!?!?

Reply to
Mike M

Yes.

Reply to
Mike M

Thanks, Frank. Picked it up this morning. I miter cut the cat and finish nailed him back together. Hardly no blood and no need to recess the nails. :)

Reply to
Mike M

Any standard pressure compressor with a tank will operate a framing nailer.

Reply to
Leon

Depends on your definition of "operate"... If the tank is too small, and/or the flow rate of the compressor too low, it'll limit the number of nails you can shoot before you have to wait for the compressor to build up pressure again.

Reply to
Doug Miller